Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.6W 445 Mohrenberg 18650 Host+Heatsink Kit Review + Tutorial

Well I hoped to be adding my review of a similar build but I think I managed to kill my flexdrive. Going to have to wait until tomorrow after work when I can yank everything apart and test it once I reassemble my test load. At least I didn't LED my diode.

DTR

Looks nice. I think ill try to build some of my own.

Building something yourself is the most rewarding part about this hobby. Good luck and if you need any help along the way let me know.:)

Building something yourself is the most rewarding part about this hobby. Good luck and if you need any help along the way let me know.:)

Lol right after i said that, i realized that i could get everything..except soldering tools. How lame..

DTR

Lol right after i said that, i realized that i could get everything..except soldering tools. How lame..

A cheap soldering iron should not be too bad. Get some flux, shrink tubing and wire from Flaminpryo and some solder and you will be set.:)

Last edited:
I just saw mohrenbergs video on the cree 18650 host. i liked it and wanted to buy one.
Can someone give me the link. I posted it here because i did not want to start a new thread from being formed.

DTR

You don't need to start a new thread. You just need to PM Mohrenbergh and he will set you up.;)

How do i get my hands on this. do i have to buy it all sepratly or can you sell me it as a kit. I will be glad to build myself sorry i kinda new at this thanks for any help i get

DTR

I actually have not had one of these in a while. I assume it was pretty warm but these had pretty large heatsinks so it should handle it about as well as any 18650 sized flashlight host out there.:beer: