Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$1 560/590/640nm laser

Crap thats close to me too- i would jump on that if i had any 208v lines in my house. Darn shame, thats a sweet deal!
edit: wait, i do! I remembered there is an old oven we sometimes use in our basement, that runs off 208/240v (whichever it is). Problem is, the socket is hanging off the wall, and its all crusty and crappy looking. Not sure if its safe to use...Anyone know if these systems (that bloom linked to) run off single phase, or 3 phase?

Oh wait better question....could I even buy it, without being part of a medical facility? My mother works in a hospital, maybe I could finagle something that way?

Last edited:
Im not sure it is worth the hassle. Even if I pass myself off as a hospital staff member, or get my mom to go pick it up with me, I still have to make the drive, haul it back, and just hope I have the right power line in my house to even run it. Then theres the fact its a 2hz pulse, which is pretty lackluster when it comes to lasers. If all else would fail I would still have the optics, I suppose.

Then dont get one....seriously. high powered laser pulses are NOT something to just play around with.

I think it would be very possible to wire this to do 100Hz at a much lower output.

I would be interested but it looks like you might have to be a "professional company". And I don't know where in MI it is... and I leave for SELEM tomorrow.:D

Last edited: