Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Z's 300mW 450nm

Hi guys! I'll be starting off the year with a much needed review.

Over the past year I've been rebuilding my collection, and there was a point where I thought a 450nm should be next on the bucket list. I'm a bit tired of the superpowered diodes we have access to, so I wanted something more manageable... so after some consideration between a few diodes, I ultimately chose the PLT5 450B driven by the nano drive at 275mA

Then came the matter of the host... well, it was an easy pick to ask Rich (Lifetime17) for one of his creations

Gotta say I am very happy with it! The build quality is solid, and the sink looks pretty good. I also really like the focus adapter... I really wish I had some more...

Onto the actual laser, it's outputting about 300mW using a 3-element lens.

link to the full album here, I update these periodically

Review isn't too fancy or written out, but I'd like to end with a big thank you to Rich (Lifetime17) for the fantastic host! It's a pleasure ordering from you and I'll surely come to you for more in the future.

:thanks: for looking!

hi , Well thank you glad your enjoying the host, those smaller EDC hosts are great for a lower power build 1 cell . The newer 505nm from DTR with a nano at 275mA is also a greta choice for these hosts as well . You have a good choice of diode driven low , the PLTB450B is a great diode can be driven low or high . Waiting on your next build.

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice, clean little EDC sized build you've got there, Z! :beer:
I'm with you, I've been liking these lower power single mode diodes, they're a lot of fun to use, and the have great looking beam/dot to boot! ;)

Great review, Zach. Notice how much violet is in these compared to 480nm ones. I like the single mode diodes better also. The beam divergence is much lower than the multi mode diodes. I have a host very much like that one from Rich, too. It houses a 635nm Mits at ~500 mW. I used his hosts to build my 477nm and my 502nm lasers.