Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Youtuber Carelessly Waving Around 7 Watt Striker With Friends

BrilliantLasers

Video:

In this popular Youtube talk show, a Youtuber proceeds to give everyone sunglasses(Wow much safety!), then pulls out a 7 watt Striker and starts waving it around, often nearly shinning it in his friends eyes(I also wonder about the crew and camera men in the back). In the video he pops balloons and lights matches right out of his friends hand who is holding it in front of his face wearing only sunglasses. I'm actually surprised nothing bad happened.

I thought at the end he was gonna say, "You have just erased a lifetime of precious vision".

This video came up in a "random videos to share" thread a few months ago - It's truly reckless behaviour, and I'm incredibly surprised none of the participants had eye damage.

Contrary to common sense, sunglasses may increase the risk, as they do not block a significant enough portion of the light to be effective, yet cause our pupils to dilate, meaning that more laser energy can enter the eyeball in the case of a hit.

The most dangerous thing in this video is the idea that that sort of behaviour would proliferate to their viewers. If even a tiny proportion of their viewers get the idea to try what they saw, they've got the burned retinas of those people on their conscience.

This video has been discussed here some time ago. These as...les are the reason why they thighten the laws on posessing and using Lasers tighter every year. They share the impression that such a device is a nice toy to have fun with your friends. And thousands of people think it‘s cool to have one too. Maybe you can scare the neighbor cat with it or shine into his window.

They might be surprised when someone really gets hurt, as any „sunglasses“ are really worthless. Lifetime damage, lawsuite and years in prison might convince them otherwise.

If I would be „the officials“, I would have sent those guys a SWAT team. :devilish:

BrilliantLasers

Yep. 35,000,000 views. It doesn't seem unlikely at all that someone in their viewers blinded themselves as a result. Can't even find any comments discussing the safety. A laser like that would blind before you could blink. If he had a hand gun, I don't think his friend would let him fire a match out of his hand. Should be treated the same.

Like, imagine some kid bought it as a result. And pulls it out of the box, and his parents say, "Shouldn't you put on those safety glasses" "Nope! sunglasses work all the same, trust me, my fav Youtuber was using glasses and they worked just fine!"

Yep. 35,000,000 views. It doesn't seem unlikely at all that someone in their viewers blinded themselves as a result. Can't even find any comments discussing the safety.

I did post a comment about safety - but it was downvoted to oblivion, and I recieved between 20 and 30 comments in reply, of which most were either refuting the safety issues and telling me to go away, or a vaguely incoherent string of expletives. The damage's already done to the viewers with them portraying the laser as they did.

BrilliantLasers

I did post a comment about safety - but it was downvoted to oblivion, and I recieved between 20 and 30 comments in reply, of which most were either refuting the safety issues and telling me to go away, or a vaguely incoherent string of expletives. The damage's already done to the viewers with them portraying the laser as they did.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore..

Hi Red, These folks deserve everything they get and more , a box of rocks have more uses. There has got to be a better word than stupid .
I would like to here some of them from the forum members please . I need dis....

Rich:)

I had flagged that video in the past, apparently the YT reviewers don't know any better.

Last edited:
:mad: shouldn't sell lasers to just anyone anymore. Total disregard for the safety of everyone in the room.

Not sure I like seeing this AGAIN.. not good for LPF ..
and showing bad behavour does not always have a postive effect on all.

IMO you are preaching to the choir.. Today is your first day here.. (hint)
We can do our own searches.

No more please..

read up at LPS.org (link in my sig)
We all read there so no links needed or wanted.

hak in TEXAS

where are you???