Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

YOUTUBE POT MOD LOL!!!

IgorT

LaserCo said:
He is holding the soldering iron by its barrel also!

I must have seen this video at least five times, but never noticed this...

Who, that has EVER handled a soldering iron, would hold it by the barrel, even if it was just to show, what to do?!?

Besides, the part about heating the component just for a few seconds, definately WOULDN'T kill it.. Even if it is an SMD. During soldering they get MUCH hotter than that.

Thank you for pointing that out! Now i'm pretty sure it's a hoax.. :)

styropyro said:
[quote author=AJ_Dual link=1192486595/0#12 date=1192723455]
That's how WL got it's start after all. They just bought CNI's in bulk, pot-modded them to the max and tested them out into batches, then marked them up accordingly.
Are you sure about that? I always thought they were Leadlights that were Modded.[/quote]

LOL. That's how they "modded" them. Just crank up the pot on all the Leadlights they got, and just batch them to thier max stable performance. The higher you got, the fewer there were, so the pricier they were.

That was the very early days of WL. IIRC, it may have been some guy onshore in the US at first, importing legal 5mw greens and pot-mdding and batching them. He then sold to the current offshore owners of WL Then as the mfg's started updating their circuits to prevent pot mods at the request of U.S. Customs, the FDA, and some other similar orgs in other countries, WL started getting the units made for them to spec by OEM's.

hey laserco. thats what I commented on. on youtube I said "this is fake, hes holding the hot part of the iron."