Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Your recommendations please

Hi all... Happy Easter! I am a project manager and I am looking for a sturdy and useful laser pointer. I have been using the regular stuff from Staples etc. but they all gone useless after a few months on the job. I need a sturdy one that is good for me when I do site walk thrus , deficiency checks etc.

I am not looking to spend a heck of a lot of $ on this but I am prepare to spend some $ for a quality laser pointer.

Your recommendation is much appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce

If you are looking for a stable green laser pointer, check out the Lyra series from www.laserglow.com. These lasers are very high quality and won't break on you.

For a cheap green laser, DealExtreme.com sells a 5mW green laser for ~$10. This laser may be too bright for presentations though.

Here's a pretty decent pointer that won't break the bank and offers a very visible dot (in fact, in low-light situations, the beam itself is actually very visible) - I use mine quite often when rigging larger stages, etc to show people where I want lights hung, cable runs, etc.

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1076.htm

At $25, they're probably the best build quality you'll find, and heck, for $25 you can pick up a few of them!