Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

You all must check this. Amazing.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

First, if that thing uses wifi the range must be a shit. And I wouldn't even consider using it inside any city.

Exerd

The transmission is realtime. I.E. Lag-less

I use a 2 watt amateur television transmitter in the 900MHz range to view my targets when I am shooting at 500 yards or more. I built a nice transmission system for this task because you cannot see holes that far with optics. I can pull the trigger, turn my head, and watch the bullet punch a hole through the target. At 500 yards the bullet takes 6/10 of a second to arrive downrange, so I have to turn my head pretty quickly. ;)

Guns in the wrong hands can be just as dangerious as airplains :whistle:

While the video was pretty cool to, it seems like there was some pretty irresponsible flying going on. The plane got pretty close to the cars on the road and that could have distracted the drivers, causing an accident. It also flew pretty close to some people as well.

Exerd

Any pictures of your setup? :D

It doesn't stay together when I'm not shooting, so there would only be a pile of standard items to take a picture of. It consists of a camera tripod, some power wire and RCA cable, a transmitter board the size of your hand with small 12V 5AH batt, and a Samsung SDZ-300 security camera on the tripod. The receiver board is run off of a 5AH 12V batt as well, and the LCD is run off a AC/DC inverter from a car battery. Nothing too special.

I happen to have an extra one of the cameras sitting next to me, here is the type I use:

2sbrj49.jpg

And here is my front yard range, the reason I need an ATV system :D

dr9kpz.jpg

Guns in the wrong hands can be just as dangerious as airplains :whistle:

Is that a joke? :thinking:

I'm imagining a flying beast armed with a 2W 445nm. Not that anyone should do it, but the thought of seeing a bright blue beam running around in the sky at night would provoke calls for having seen a UFO. :)