Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yobresal GB green into a 445

Hey guys just finished a build made of a recycled host.

Awhile back Yob held a GB for some waterproof greenies. These things were really nice until mine eventually met its maker..

I was bumed until I turned into a 445 and now shes happier than ever putting out some nice coherent light once more ;)

Nothing to special here, I custom turned a aluminum HS to fit the upper body and milled a slot for 444mA Jib Drive and a DTR diode.

Here's some shots of the build

Thanks for looking guys :beer:

WPb4.jpg

WPb3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

ARG

Same question as josh :p Also, who made that heat sink? I got two of these, and one of them is no longer TEM00... So it may be worthwhile to replace it with a 445 as well :)

It will be, before I submerge it again I'm going to upgrade the o-rings, so I don't loose another laser to the water ;)

I custom machined it myself

Last edited:
Really this host can be built to 445/405/660 and even another 532 if you wanted.

I'm assuming the you tried the obvious change out the battery with a known good one? These shipped with crappy 3V cells, but I find mine is happier with a fully charged 3.7V one.

On the cheaper lower voltage cell it's in TEM10 (?) pretty quickly from a fully changed battery.

Same question as josh :p Also, who made that heat sink? I got two of these, and one of them is no longer TEM00... So it may be worthwhile to replace it with a 445 as well :)

@Ra1nfade

That looks awesome! Great job on the heat sink, but I'm starting to wonder; Does everyone have access to a lathe other then me? :)

Yeah I ran mine off of IMRs.

:p no you aren't the only one, And I use other machines than just the lathe also ;)

Nice work. :gj:

I am actually in the process of getting my version on this host ready to ship out to it's owner as well.

CrazyK187 had me convert his GB 532 into a waterproof 445 too.

Glad I'm not the only one... :)

Last edited:
Yeah it was just a neat little host, i had to turn it into a 445 :) and the the HS the way it is a running at about 450mW the run time is enjoyable :D I have run it for at least 2 minutes and it wan't even warm ;)

Yeah I can't wait to get mine.... rocket metered it at over 1.4w. And he said it has well over a 5 minute duty cycle....im frickin excited. Waterproof too..... I love how pointless it is but it will definitely be 1 of my favorite devices I own lol

Yeah I can't wait to get mine.... rocket metered it at over 1.4w. And he said it has well over a 5 minute duty cycle....im frickin excited. Waterproof too..... I love how pointless it is but it will definitely be 1 of my favorite devices I own lol

Yea, I have been having fun with your laser. :p
I will definately be sad seeing it go..

Mine running at about 300mW, it's a cool little host to have a 445 in. :)

What laser are you referring to with this 1.4w and 5min duty cycle AND waterproof? a yob 445?

^^^ He's referring to post number 9. See above.
I converted a Yob group buy 532 waterproof laser to a 445. ;)

Last edited: