Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

YES! I did it!

member02 said:
I was wondering, where did you get that nice plastic case?
Raido Shack.
My mom took it away though. :'(
I hope she will give it back someday.....

what is that plastic case called at radioshack? it would work perfect for a bluray laser for me

Can I safely put another 10ohm resistor in parelell to squese a few extra mW out of this thing?

Is that a "Go ahead and kill your diode" ok or a "itt'le be fine" ok?
I dont really want to risk it. :-/

Gazoo

If you are only using 2 alkaline batteries you will be ok and 2 ohms will not kill your diode.

Remember with 2.2 ohms the current supplied to the diode was only ~160ma's when I did it..

DWL --

You've reached the point where you really need to use a meter to measure LD current. If you go over about 250 mA, you are getting near the edge of LD death. You also need GOOD heatsinking.

Mike

Gazoo

And it's time you think about building a driver too...the next step for you... ;)

Gazoo said:
And it's time you think about building a driver too...the next step for you... ;)
I have made 2 Dedell's drivers, no luch on my end. :-[
On one, it just dosent work, and on the other, the resistors get REALLY hot and no curent on the other side.

Dude_With_Lasers said:
[quote author=Gazoo link=1196142962/15#27 date=1196919983]And it's time you think about building a driver too...the next step for you... ;)
On one, it just dosent work, and on the other, the resistors get REALLY hot and no curent on the other side.[/quote]

As has been suggested to you several times before, you’ve probably gotten the pins on the regulator mixed up. Please post a few pictures of the circuit and maybe we can help you fix it.

As my father taught me, stick with a ‘can’t do’ attitude and you won’t.

A little time, some work, and you'll have a working laser diode driver. You've got all the help you could ask for right here.

You CAN do this!

a_pyro_is said:
[quote author=Dude_With_Lasers link=1196142962/15#29 date=1196920822][quote author=Gazoo link=1196142962/15#27 date=1196919983]And it's time you think about building a driver too...the next step for you... ;)
On one, it just dosent work, and on the other, the resistors get REALLY hot and no curent on the other side.[/quote]

As has been suggested to you several times before, you’ve probably gotten the pins on the regulator mixed up. Please post a few pictures of the circuit and maybe we can help you fix it.

As my father taught me, stick with a ‘can’t do’ attitude and you won’t.

A little time, some work, and you'll have a working laser diode driver. You've got all the help you could ask for right here.

You CAN do this![/quote]
I just figured it out!
I had the batts' in backwards.  :eek: :-/ :p
I feel like a frigen' idiot....  :-[
Hey, now I have one for a blu-ray.  :D