Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow pointer *Beam shots added*

Damn rog I saw that beamshot on some other thread and I thought it was DPSS. :eek:
What is the EXACT brand of glue you used? I have always had the problem of the glue vaporising and recondensing on everything.

*edit* I think I spelled "recondensing" wrong :p

--hydro15

The cyno-acrylate is Loc-tite used as dots in various places to get a quick tack.
It is important for the parts to be out in the open even when using that amount of glue to avoid fogging.
The final fixing is done with five minute araldite, the original and still the best in my opinion.

Regards rog8811

Hey Rog,

Do you think you could give an estimate on battery life. Maybe specify the ammount of time it is yellow vs orange. I think the majority of the time it would be orange according to the way battery voltage drops.

Oh, and you are sure we need a lathe?

Thanks

Hey Rog,

Do you think you could give an estimate on battery life. Maybe specify the ammount of time it is yellow vs orange. I think the majority of the time it would be orange according to the way battery voltage drops.

Oh, and you are sure we need a lathe?

Thanks

The battery life is extremely poor......I cannot quantify that exactly but it is more orange than yellow for the majority of the time, I may revisit it soon with a view to fitting better batteries.

If you can find a tube that is a push fit to the barrel you may be able to do it without a lathe, as I have one I use it as it makes things easy ;).

Regards rog8811

Wow, if the battery life is that short then I guess standard batteries are going to cost a fortune. I am guessing that runtime is less than 1 hour. Don't they sell rechargeable cr123 that operate at 3.0v instead of the 3.7v ones. That should probably work.

By the way, I forgot to comment on the awesome job you have done Rog. I always wondered what I could do with the extra parts from my PS3 sleds.

I like the fact that the laser can be yellow, green, red, and orange. I need to make this.

Maybe in the future we can add the violet (blue ray).

Oxo

Really great work! I was wondering if the red could be pot modded (if there is sth like driver) a little for more color balance? [smiley=cheesy.gif]

I was wondering if the red could be pot modded (if there is sth like driver) a little for more color balance?

I have not had it apart so have no clue as to what the red LD is.... my guess would be a chip type rather than the 5.6mm cans we usually work with.

Regards rog8811

This is a great thread, and a great DIY project, I think I'll have to try this sometime... just wish I had time for it now!

How far away do you have to be till you start noticing the 2 beam's divergence?

It gives a good yellow (more often orange) out to about 15 to 20 feet then, on close inspection of the dot, it starts to diverge, there is no reason at all why it could not be set up better, it was a first try.

Regards rog8811

Is it really true, that this combo pointer uses two 23A batteries??? This would be 2*12V=24V! Probably with an internal resistance, that the batteries are more or less short circuited - its 22 Ohm per battery. OK, you dont need a driver for the diode ;D.
But its a major waste of power!

No, they got the details wrong they are LR1 batteries, which are between AA & AAA in diameter and just over half the length of an AA.
1.5volts @ near zero capacity :-/ ;)

Regards rog8811