Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

yellow laser pointer

anyone know where to get an orange or yellow laser. i know laserglow sells yellow ones, dragonlasers sells orange and techlasers does also but they have no shots of the laser in action. i might go with laserglow im just wandering if theres any other options

Razako

laserwayne said:
anyone know where to get an orange or yellow laser. i know laserglow sells yellow ones, dragonlasers sells orange and techlasers does also but they have no shots of the laser in action. i might go with laserglow im just wandering if theres any other options
If you want an orange/yellow laser your options are techlasers/laserglow/dragonlasers. I wouldn't trust techlasers so that leaves laserglow and dragon.

Laserglow and dragon lasers can't sell yellow and orange... there is only one laser colour (in the consumer's budget) in that area which is 593.5nm. 635nm is just a brighter red and is not orange.

Razako

Sorry about the 635nm comment. I don't actually have one so I was taking a guess at the approximate color. Wouldn't 635 look something like this picture?
istockphoto_753498_red_neon_bowling_sign.jpg

Razako said:
Sorry about the 635nm comment. I don't actually have one so I was taking a guess at the approximate color. Wouldn't 635 look something like this picture?
istockphoto_753498_red_neon_bowling_sign.jpg
That's a little too orange. You can't really tell that 635nm is orangish unless you point it next to 650nm.

Switch

The center of the 635nm dot is a little yellow, but I think it's because of the camera.You should look at the reflection on the carpet or the glow surrounding the dots.

I have an He-Ne laser that emits at 632.8 nm and is very similar to 650 nm diode in color. You have to shine them at the same time to a white object to take the differences.
632 is a bit brighter in respect to the power

I've had a few people, more than those who haven't actually, tell me my 635 was "orange". I'll leave them to their delusions lol. ;D