Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow Laser finally after 25 years...

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'd love one, but my sister (whom I live with entirely for medical reasons would absolutely forbid it. Even the 593.5nm yellow laser pen that I'm expecting today is at risk of being confiscated and chucked into the dustbin (garbage can); I'm prepared to sacrifice this laser pen and the storage case for this laser in order to save the new one. 😰
If she just continues to throw your stuff out call the police

The LED (& Laser) Museum

If she just continues to throw your stuff out call the police
Well, if I did that she'd very probably evict me and drop me off at the nursing home, and then I'd lose everything except a tablet computer and maybe a small flashlight. No more lasers or laser accessories. 😰

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Sorry to derail but your situation just frustrates me. I wish I could make your life better. You don't deserve to be treated like this

The LED (& Laser) Museum

My sister just came in and asked what I got in the mail.
I told her that I got some battery chargers (true) but I deliberately failed to mention the laser pointer.
Phew!!! Dodged a bullet!!! 😱

Sowee7

Yep, they will be 20mm or so. How many do you think you would you be interested in?

I can set up a group buy thread in a few days. Unfortunately the pricing for these modules is going to be a bit higher than they were in the early days, but it’s not too bad. Still much cheaper than getting 589s from CNI!
Do these new 577nm modules use a SFD based process? Do they use a similar Yb doped crystal to the optlaser and lasence modules?

tinkertavernco

Do these new 577nm modules use a SFD based process? Do they use a similar Yb doped crystal to the optlaser and lasence modules?

I don't know anything about the specifics of the process, unfortunately. I do know that the module will actually be a bit smaller than 20mm though!

By the way, the latest estimate for the power level is 15mW of yellow, but it's possible that this will change as we get closer to production. Currently our expectation is that we will have finished products by late November.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
My sister just came in and asked what I got in the mail.
I told her that I got some battery chargers (true) but I deliberately failed to mention the laser pointer.
Phew!!! Dodged a bullet!!! 😱
There’s no way in hell you should have to think like that. I hate throwing around the word toxic. But this seems like a very toxic situation right now. Anyone you can speak to about this?

We actually have plans to make a limited series of 57_ nm “banana yellow” units in the relatively near future! However it will be a pretty big risk because our module sources are very firm about quantity.

If there is enough interest, we might actually go fully custom with some damascus steel hosts or similar.

This is next on our list after our website launches this month, though I still have to get to 20 posts (sigh) to talk much more about that.

As for AA sized pointers, I’m personally a big fan of them, but they are in a weird “middle ground” of size that’s not very easy to market. I’ll still see what I can do though!
I'd definitely be interested! I just bought one of your 561s on eBay.

We actually have plans to make a limited series of 57_ nm “banana yellow” units in the relatively near future! However it will be a pretty big risk because our module sources are very firm about quantity.

If there is enough interest, we might actually go fully custom with some damascus steel hosts or similar.

This is next on our list after our website launches this month, though I still have to get to 20 posts (sigh) to talk much more about that.

As for AA sized pointers, I’m personally a big fan of them, but they are in a weird “middle ground” of size that’s not very easy to market. I’ll still see what I can do though!
Count me in for a 57Xnm laser! Also, any plans to put the 561nm in your CNI-style host? I just bought your 593.5nm in the CNI-style and now I want more colors :)

tinkertavernco

Any time table or cost? Very very interested.
Our new host should be available next month in 405nm, 450nm, 488nm, 520nm, 561nm, 593.5nm, and 638nm.
After that our 57Xnm should be ready to ship before the holidays.
Count me in for a 57Xnm laser! Also, any plans to put the 561nm in your CNI-style host? I just bought your 593.5nm in the CNI-style and now I want more colors :)
Glad you’re happy with your laser! For the 561nm we have a big stock of units in our other pen style; we’ll be building some GLP style 561s after we mostly sell through those.

Our new host should be available next month in 405nm, 450nm, 488nm, 520nm, 561nm, 593.5nm, and 638nm.
After that our 57Xnm should be ready to ship before the holidays.

Glad you’re happy with your laser! For the 561nm we have a big stock of units in our other pen style; we’ll be building some GLP style 561s after we mostly sell through those.
I was going to purchase a 561 pointer, but after reading this I think I'll wait till the new version comes out. Also looking forward to the 57X.

I'd love one, but my sister (whom I live with entirely for medical reasons would absolutely forbid it. Even the 593.5nm yellow laser pen that I'm expecting today is at risk of being confiscated and chucked into the dustbin (garbage can); I'm prepared to sacrifice this laser pen and the storage case for this laser in order to save the new one. 😰

Does your sister have young children? I know my daughter locked up all her lasers I gave her since I have two grandchildren now. The oldest will be turning 5 soon.