Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

YaBB new release soon

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hi all, some of you might remember the vBulletin upgrade notice. I have decided to hold off from upgrading to vB for now, although I still own a copy and we could upgrade at anytime if an emergency w/ YaBB occurred.

YaBB is releasing a new version soon and the upgrade should be possible, and include fixes to one issue that was causing upgrade issues last time.

I am considering hiring an expert from YaBB team to upgrade us to latest version, and more importantly add some unique customizations to the forum.. maybe a section to each profile to show laser photos and videos, etc. The project would include 2 new layouts as well, laser-related, slick graphics /etc.

If anyone has random cool ideas please feel free to post them here, and I can see if we could incorporate into the project.

This is just an idea and haven't actually started yet.

BTW i would highly recommend YaBB to anyone considering starting a forum of their own, http://yabbforum.com

Yours,

-Avery

A list of random ideas:

-Play tetris on the sand.
-Shout at a 5.1 Soundsystem

Ok now, the real stuff:

-A "Report Post" button (which should of course be APPROVED by somebody if that post is really offensive and should not be available to everybody; we don't want anybody deleting a simple post just because they don't want it).

-A thumbs up / down button just like in Youtube, good posts are easily recognized with a feature like that.

-KEEP THE LAYOUT, for Chuck's sake PLEASE don't modify it, it's my favourite layout and colour scheme of every forum EVER.

-Removing useless buttons from the Quick Reply box.

-Expand / Renew the color picker from above.

-Some way to improve the search feature.

-Some way to display the thread name on the searches and window bar.

-Free cereal boxes for every double post :D:D

Cheers!

JLSE

Will there no longer be the option for 'ice relm' as a layout option? I only have 'default' and 'dark shadows' in my options... I really really miss my ice relm :'(

More smileys  :) Maybe some laser smileys...
The search definitely need a few tweaks. Like a way to search specific threads/forum sections. Or a way to search specific single user posts. IE Search Dave's posts for only his info on PHRs ect.

Good ideas, all of them. Another couple of options that would be REALLY helpful for many people:

-Automatic photo resize (I know phpBB forums can do it)

-Multiple attachment capability

-Mark

Same thing for VIDEOS, I want options for youtube videos! I don't want them to be seen at 100x100 px :(

rocketparrotlet said:
Good ideas, all of them.  Another couple of options that would be REALLY helpful for many people:

-Multiple attachment capability

[highlight]-Mark[/highlight]
That confused me for a second, lol. :D

Niko said:

Same thing for VIDEOS, I want options for youtube videos! I don't want them to be seen at 100x100 px :(
youtube videos you can resize. after the "media" you would put width=425. So it would say "media width=425"

I really like the thumbs up/down button idea. I always seem to need one... And I second, DON'T CHANGE THE LAYOUT!

randomlugia said:
And I second, DON'T CHANGE THE LAYOUT!

Third that. I'm amazed there are not more people posting comments here.

Another thought about the search. Maybe have a search box on each profile, section, and thread so you can just search what's linked to that specific area. There is huge amount of info buried and its very hard to sieve though all the hoopla to get it.

I love the layout how it is as well. HOWEVER! I am also curious as to what the new layout shall look like :-/

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hi all, i have new yabb 2.4 installed but still have a few problems to work out.

if we are able to upgrade to 2.4, there will be a layout very similar to the dark one, and the original default yabb layout:

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/

i would highly advise posting all comments about features for YaBB on that link. otherwise the developers woln't be aware.

i donate to YaBB developers and they are very talented programmers. i would encourage you all to register on yabb community and post suggestions regarding software their, since i do not modify the code myself.

peace,

-ave