Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XIRI fiber patch cables?

Has anyone had any experience with this brand? I've just purchased a secondhand FAP800 laser diode array and need to acquire a suitable patch cable. Can anyone vouch for their quality?

Sorry to answer when I can't help with that, but what ya building?

I just buy mine on ebay, sometimes you can find them so cheap it is worth trying, but put a SMA coupled/threaded lens assembly on the end of it, of course. Only problem with used cables is if they are burned on the end or not, you could get one that way and polish it clean though, although if melted at all, probably not. Maybe check out ebay sellers who only sell laser stuff and ask. ebay seller Starlight-Photonics might be able to help, he has lots of stuff like that he has not listed and knows what he is selling.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I had a look on ebay. They have the XIRI units on there but want around 200USD for one, I couldn't find any second hand units. I managed to organize one through Alibaba for 87USD plus 40 USD shipping. I think Thorlabs wanted 128 USD for shipping alone.

I'll have to test it out and report back.

If you are patient you should be able to find this used on eBay for much less. Also, you may be able to offer less than the asking price, so you could get it for less that way.

Just to answer my own question for anyone who may stumble across this thread. The XIRI units seem to be good value. I haven't noticed any heat from the cable and even at threshold levels of power the beam is very intense. I haven't verified the losses against a meter though.