Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Xbox 360 Mods (PICS)

Okay, first off, i don't want this thread to become a war over which console, 360 or PS3, is better i simply would like to post pics of my console in the hopes that others may do the same and show us what you got. If you have a modded 360 or PS3 post it here, i'd like to see them.

My console doesn't have any software mods that allow me to play burned games or anything like that so XBL really has no reason to ban my console. The mods I have on it are purely to make it look different and standout.

The ROL on the console has been changed to a real nice blue as well as the center on/off button. Both of the top air vents have a simulated neon glow, achieved with white leds diffused through a hot glue stick. The metal band that normaly runs along the top of the HDD was removed and replaced with a clear piece of acrylic and has a blue backlight.

My white controller has a red ROL while my black controller has a blue ROL. Both controllers also feature rumble activated LEDs(they come on when ever i do something in a game that would cause my controller to rumble) in the center menu button as well as the A,B,X and Y buttons(note the two pics of each controller posted. The first pic shows them off while the second shows them activated)

My white controller differs from my black controller in that it has a hidden battery mod of my own design. I say this as i didn't follow any instructions or guides for this mod nor do i know if any exist. I created this mod on my own. I dismanteled a 360 rechargeable battery pack and put it in the handles of the controller. Then i removed the battery bay from the controller and replaced it with a clear acrylic window similair to my HDD mod. To charge this controller i simply attach the charger cable that was included with the battery pack.

Attachments

• (1)Blue Ring.JPG
    (1)Blue Ring.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,654
  • (2)Vent Lights.JPG
    (2)Vent Lights.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,059
  • (3)HDD Light.JPG
    (3)HDD Light.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 6,010
  • (4)HDD and Vent Lights.JPG
    (4)HDD and Vent Lights.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 866
  • (5)Controller Rings.JPG
    (5)Controller Rings.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,689
  • (6)Lights off.JPG
    (6)Lights off.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 417
  • (7)Lights Activated.JPG
    (7)Lights Activated.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 590

Here are the rest of the pics...............

Attachments

• (8)Lights off.JPG
    (8)Lights off.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 448
  • (9)Lights Activated.JPG
    (9)Lights Activated.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 433
  • (10)Controller.JPG
    (10)Controller.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 4,587
  • (11)Controller.JPG
    (11)Controller.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 562
  • (12)Controller.JPG
    (12)Controller.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 5,745
  • (13)Controller.JPG
    (13)Controller.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,039
That looks great. I've been wanting to change the lights of the system and controller as well as light up the a, b, x, and y buttons. I'd probably go with red lights for the system since I have the RE5 edition.

this one has 5x 4" black lights in it and the mobo and all the components are painted with a uv reactive clear coat. ive also got a controller with a clear case with an EL wire mod..

You're going to spend more time looking at your shiny xbox than you are playing games on it :O

ZRTMWA

I was thinking about buying lights for a controller, just clear LED's for the buttons and two purple and two red for the Xbox logo. Some controller mod kits, like rapid fire kits come with replacable LED's

Wow ndrew2505, thats one cool console! I thought about doing a window mod like that at one point but i dont think i would be able to make the cuts straight and neat enough :yabbem:
Once again, if anyones got cool mods, post em here :D

Those are sick consoles, and gryphon I was thinking of giving my friend some cash to mod my controller.

When do the new xbox's come out, the new codenamed one

Wow ndrew2505, thats one cool console! I thought about doing a window mod like that at one point but i dont think i would be able to make the cuts straight and neat enough :yabbem:
Once again, if anyones got cool mods, post em here :D

just make sure your cuts are mostly straight and then go back with a file and get them as even as posible. one of those nibbler tools will work well too.

heres the controller i mentioned..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP1X37I81yY

heres a psp i built for someone..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdKMpv0D10I

Last edited:
Woah, those are nice, clear plastic and sweet backlighting :drool: