Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X pro V2

Hey I ordered a assassin 405nm 200mw x pro v2.... It came in the mail yesterday but has some issues... When I put the battery in normal it doesn't work at all, but when I put the battery in backwards I get a very very faint light... Any clue as to what is wrong or how to fix it?

Once you put the battery in the wrong way in most any laser if you turn it on for a few seconds that will be the end of your laser, you have to know which way the battery goes before you use it the first time, a laser is not a flashlight. It could be that your laser is still ok, 200mW of 405nm isn't very bright although it should put a bright dot on the wall and can even burn stuff.

Alan

Yeah I know... I have the 532nm and the 650nm of the same kind... I know how it works and I only put the battery in backwards after it didn't work the right way... But still nothing with battery forward and a faint faint dot when the battery is in backwards.

diachi

Yeah I know... I have the 532nm and the 650nm of the same kind... I know how it works and I only put the battery in backwards after it didn't work the right way... But still nothing with battery forward and a faint faint dot when the battery is in backwards.

The fact that you are getting the faint dot with the battery in "Backwards" means that it isn't in backwards, it's in the right way. Lasers don't all have the same battery polarity, even with different wavelengths of the same model.

Have you ever heard of putting the positive side on the spring? Cause I thought that was always backwards

Have you ever heard of putting the positive side on the spring? Cause I thought that was always backwards

Wrong, any DPSS laser or an IR laser is case positive so the battery will usually go in negative first with the positive to the tail cap. Many red lasers are case negative so you would have the negative toward the tail cap. Nearly all other laser diodes are case neutral, so depending on the host and driver used it's possible for them to be wired either way.

Alan

OVNI

I may be restating the obvious but in case I'm not, to be explicit you already put it in backwards thus could have killed either the driver, the laser diode (LD), or both. You'll have to separately test each to find out. Make sure you have current control when testing the LD or you'll have yet another chance to damage the LD.

And to make matters worse, I just tested a laser driver (SXD V3) using a resistor load instead of a diode test load. Readings were so crazy I stopped and bought a 20A laser test load from Survival Laser. Now the test load is fried and I'm kinda wondering if I blew it with a damaged driver, all started by not using a diode test load in the first place (D1 measures OK, D2-D8 are shorted in both directions?!). We'll see if Survival replaces it after testing it themselves.

And to your spring comment, more of my lasers than not have springs on both ends. I also thought it was a matter of simply matching battery-negative with the spring so each time I get another laser, I'm left scrambling to ask the seller or find documentation.

Last edited:
Thanks ... Yeah this one only has a spring on one side... It's ok the laser was messed up to begin with.. The button was jammed and may as well not have been a button at all... Assassin is replacing it.. But thank you for the info... I don't wanna fry my (Arcane 2.0 520nm 1 watt) when it gets here... The assassin was cheap... The Arcane was not.

OVNI

Thanks ... Yeah this one only has a spring on one side... It's ok the laser was messed up to begin with.. The button was jammed and may as well not have been a button at all... Assassin is replacing it.. But thank you for the info... I don't wanna fry my (Arcane 2.0 520nm 1 watt) when it gets here... The assassin was cheap... The Arcane was not.

While a 1W Arcane 2.0 can be considered a DEW (directed energy weapon), it has so much mass it can also be described as a KKV (kinetic kill vehicle) if used simply as just a 'blunt object'. :wave:

oCm2Hcim.jpg

Last edited: