Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTS: SpyderII GX, NIB, 888USD SHIPPED-NO GIMMICKS

S

SenKat

Re: WTS: SpyderII GX -LOOK HERE! NOT-TO-BE-MISSED-

Gerald - for the record, are you still willing to use a middleman for this transaction ?

If you are, tehn I heartily endorse this deal, because the buyer really has nothing to lose - here is how I "see" a middleman transaction working :

Bob (the buyer), Gerald (the seller), and Me (uhm...ME !) are the players in this deal -

Bob sends paypal for $888 to me, Gerald ships the laser to me.

I hold the money, I test the laser, make sure that it performs well, and report to both parties (Bob and Gerald). After the laser proves to be working fine, I refund the payment to Bob, who then pay-pals Gerald. (That way, extra funds are not taken out by pay-pal !) After Gerald confirms that he has received payment to both Bob, and Me - I ship the laser to Bob. Now, Gerald will have to cover the costs of shipping to me, and to Bob, uhm....simply because I can not come out of pocket on this deal for someone else ! I am already donating my time, and the finite usage of the laser meter...

so, as long as those conditions are agreed upon, ahead of the deal taking place, then I say, go for it !
Now, to cover shipping from me, to Bob - Gerald can pre-print out pay-pal postage to Bob, from my house, and include that in the packaging for the laser - that way, I am only out A little bit of tape, and time - both of which I have plenty of !

Gerald

SenKat,

I would most preferably want to use a middleman, if you would kindly help me with that!

What I most worry about, is the laser getting confiscated.
I do not want to lose it when it ships to the States, and would be under-declaring the value and stating that it is a pen. What do you think of that is it legal and ethical?
What if it gets confiscated what do I do, what are the chances of it getting confiscated?

Also, I do not want to receive PayPal credit card funds because it is unsafe.
I accept paypal credit card funds but the fees would be plus a few percent wait let me check.
PayPal credit card funds accepted but it would cost 6% more. Sorry about that but PayPal charges me when I accept credit card funds, as I have a verified Personal Account. That is why I prefer to use PayPal balance to get paid.

With a VERY helpful middleman, things are now safe and I would like to be protected too - the buyer may to use his/her paypal balance to pay me. Not balance from the credit card but balance through the bank balance. That way I am fully protected. I can use Western Union or Bank Draft, so as long as it is secure for both parties. PayPal accepted.

I have no idea what domestic shipping costs are like, for example 3 day expess shipping with tracking and insurance?
And what if you ship a high-powered laser domestically? Will they confiscate it? It it better to under-declare again?

And SenKat, may I know, what is defined when you say "laser proves to be working fine"?
Pseudo says that not all lasers are up to spec, what will you be measuring this time?
Only the power output? And if so, I assume anything around 200mW give or take 50mW will pass the test? Or are you going to take measurements of the beam divergence and all the elaborate tests?
Any way you do it, I really appreciate it Greg!

Look forward to receiving PM's from interested buyers!

Gerald
p.s. I'll provide the tape too! I didn't know I can print stamps with a non-USA paypal account?

Gerald

Any questions, just ask.
PM me or something and I will upload your question on the thread if you want.

S

SenKat

Gerald - whatever means of money transfer you get the other party to agree to is between you, and the other party. Most folks will not wire funds, simply because it adds to the cost on both ends, and is completely unrecoverable once transferred. You would be eliminating a huge portion of your customer base by refusing credit card payments through pay-pal, in my opinion. I owuld test the output power, and divergence specifications, as well as do a simple match test, and tape cutting test to see what the power is like. As far as the laser being confiscated - you are the one that takes the risk there, in getting it into the US - I cannot help you with that ! Items are rarely inspected, and I have never heard of any being confiscated inside the US while shipping domestically. I ship alomst all of my packages with USPS priority, insured if requested, and delivery confirmation. It is fairly inexpensive, and safe, too...the only people that state they never received my package sent in that manner was Edmund Optics, which is total CRAP - they just didn't want to refund my money is all ! You can print postage for US packages from pay-apl - you provide the shipper's address (which would be mine) and the receiver's address - and you are good to go - it prints out a label, that I would attach to the box, and send it off.

As far as any of the tests I perform meeting the needs of the purchaser - that again is something you need to work out with the purchaser. All the results of any trading can and will be published on this forum - so if you go through the trouble to ship it out to me, and the receiver refuses to comply, they will most likely be blacklisted from trades on here ever again ! Everything is up to you - I am merely the middleman, ensuring that both parties act responsible, and follow through with their end of the deal.

Greg

K

kingzilla

Ugh! No paypal? I can't do any sort of bank transfer, I only use paypal. Any way you could accept paypal? :-X

Gerald

Yes, PayPal accepted. Edited the posting.

Greg, I get what you mean. Tests would be upon request.

About the funds being unrecoverable, I get what you mean.
So yes, PayPal credit card payments accepted but at an additional cost of 6% because they charge me 5.4% plus a little more.
And the conversion rates are no good :(

One more thing is that if I am going to have 8 GX for sale soon, paypal only lets me accept 5 CC payments per year so for the last 3 lasers the buyer would have to use Skype to pay me. Skype collaborated with PayPal to send money using a credit card through paypal and it is equally secure I really shouldn't be using the computer now, its 11.30PM and I have a math test tomorrow!
More info at www.paypal.com search for Skype.

Still waiting for PMs.

PM ME!!

Gerald

S

SenKat

So - either live with that 5 transaction limit, or sign up for for priemere account, which has no such limits.

Gerald

Yep, that is no a problem at all.

First to PM me gets the first few Spyders!

The rest are coming in only later this week !!

Gerald

Re: WTS: SpyderII GX, NIB, 888USD SHIPPED-NO GIMMI

Will be revamping the first post, maybe because its too messy people aren't buying it :p

S

SenKat

You could just make a new thread if you want - I can lock this one down for you.

Gerald

Okay will create a new one in 17 hours time. After my exams ;D ;D
Please don't delete this yet as I have not copied the contents. Spent quite some time writing all that!

S

SenKat

No problems ! PM or email me when you are ready - also, one word of advice.....

Post prices for stuff - don't ask for offers....peeps don't really like that too much - if you post a price, then you can haggle and deal from there...it may help you out, expecially if the posted price is reasonable to begin with ! :cool: Know what I mean ? Please do not take offence to this suggestion....

I know I hate it when ppl say make me an offer, I much rather see a price and try and haggle it down if I cant afford it or think its not worth that much.

Gerald

Okay I should have looked at the BUYER's point of view.
This is what I saw as a seller's point of view.

Most people really want a Spyder/item and they have a certain price in mind.
Yes, that price is USUALLY close to my asking price.
So for example i'm asking for 1000USD and then you have a different price in mind.

Instead of having many PMs/emails/conversations, and since I already stated my ASKING price,
I thought that the buyer making an offer would be a fair deal.

Instead of him/her having to haggle, isn't that the same thing as making an offer?
I mean if you haggle its like asking "Can you sell it to me for 900USD".
And if I were to ask you to make an offer you would be like "How is 900USD, okay?"

The difference is that the first one, you are asking me to sell it to you, and the second, it is giving an offer for the Spyder. I feel that the second one is better because it is more direct.

Not something like this: this case is not related to my sales!!

(Mr S PMs me and has a price of 900USD in mind. I am open to ANY PRICE SO AS LONG as it is reasonable.)

2 Senarios, [HAGGLE] and [OFFER]

[HAGGLE] 8 "communications"

WTS: X laser @ 1000USD

PM from Mr. S : Hey can you sell it to me cheaper?

PM ME: Please give me an offer to consider okay? Like what price you have in mind?

PM Mr. S : I don't like to give offers, lets haggle!!!

PM ME: Okay then, 975USD, shipped? Okay with you?

PM Mr. S : Nah, that is still quite not what the price I am prepared to pay, can you make it cheaper, please!!!

PM ME: Ok, 950USD, shipped, I have no idea what you have in mind, please name a price??

PM Mr. S : Not really what the price I have in mind, how is 900USD?

PM Me: Okay, lets deal!

I prefer: [OFFER] 4 "communications"

WTS: X laser @ 1000USD

PM from Mr. S : Hey can you sell it to me cheaper?

PM ME: Please give me an offer to consider okay? Like what price you have in mind?

PM Mr. S : The price I am looking for is quite off your asking price but I hope you don't get offended or anything - how is 900USD?

PM Me: Okay, lets deal!

Does anyone see it that way, same as me?
Or is my thinking somewhat off?

That is THE impression I had in my mind, but others see it differently, could you please let me know your viewpoint/perspective of this situation?

Greatly appreciated!

Gerald

Aseras

i think your problem is people want a working perfect spyder, for cheap and even direct from wicked there's no guarantee of the quality, and you probably do not have a return policy like wicked where they'll send you 3-4 of them until you give up or get a decent laser.

your problem is a lack of reputation, no control over the product you are selling and a over developed zeal to get rid of these things.