Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTS SANWU Striker 7000mW Focusable 445nm Portable Blue Laser Pointer (Stainless) (PRICE REDUCED)

I saw the steel host as well. Can't understand why they insist on using an inferior thermal conducting metal when aluminum works so much better.

A decanned 445nm laser at 6+ watts is a diode waiting to fail. We have seen it here many times in the past.
Good information!

The laser is in perfect condition and does the job well. I don't understand your point.

When he says "open can" its like having a lightbulb without the glass part. It's very susceptible to contamination and is easy to break. Many members here refuse to use or buy anything open can based solely on the fact it could break at any time. Buy this laser is like buying a car. The moment you drive it off the lot/power it on, it drops in price.

Hi August9
Welcome to the forum.
I took a look at Laserpoints.com- I see where you got your initial price-fair based on Laserpoints prices- but-they inflate prices-I see a SanWu Challenger II 520nm 1 Watt for $779! They doubled the price. The same directly from SanWU is $380. They also sell Laser 301's for $24.95 (on SALE) instead of $8-10 from Ebay.
FYI the 7W Striker is $350 by itself-directly from SanWU.
I'm glad I found the forum before I purchased.
Your current price seems more reasonable. I had no knowledge of "open can." Many of the folks here build their own and have a LOT of knowledge. They would be more likely to use an aluminum host (much superior heat sinking) and a different diode.
The smaller Challenger II uses a large copper heatsink-and the body is copper-nickel alloy-better heatsinking that steel.

august9

Hi August9
Welcome to the forum.
I took a look at Laserpoints.com- I see where you got your initial price-fair based on Laserpoints prices- but-they inflate prices-I see a SanWu Challenger II 520nm 1 Watt for $779! They doubled the price. The same directly from SanWU is $380. They also sell Laser 301's for $24.95 (on SALE) instead of $8-10 from Ebay.
FYI the 7W Striker is $350 by itself-directly from SanWU.
I'm glad I found the forum before I purchased.
Your current price seems more reasonable. I had no knowledge of "open can." Many of the folks here build their own and have a LOT of knowledge. They would be more likely to use an aluminum host (much superior heat sinking) and a different diode.
The smaller Challenger II uses a large copper heatsink-and the body is copper-nickel alloy-better heatsinking that steel.

I had a laser that tested at 7.5 Watt Laser that lasted years. I just made sure I had it on for 60 seconds and then off for 60 seconds

august9

I had a laser that tested at 7.5 Watt Laser that lasted years. I just made sure I had it on for 60 seconds and then off for 60 seconds
BTW: I find my laser with gball removed more enjoyable because I can adjust the focus instead of it being fixed. It will last just fine if you don't take the lens out all the time. You will definitely get your moneys worth. Don't listen to naysayers. For the money it will last plenty of time. I will sell to whoever gives best offer

august9

Someone please show me a handheld laser that you can actually buy that is over 7W blue laser made out of aluminium that is fixed focus that won't burn out over time and is reasonably priced.

Someone please show me a handheld laser that you can actually buy that is over 7W blue laser made out of aluminium that is fixed focus that won't burn out over time and is reasonably priced.

It's fairly easy to build your own that could be over 7W, I've built a few myself. And yes you can focus it, but you can do that with any other diode too. But with an open can, it is dangerous to remove the focusable lens because it risks contamination.

august9

How come the second one is $40. Am I missing something? How hard is it to assemble?
THanks for the info! I still cant find a hand held laser that is significantly greater than 7W output. If there is one, let me know.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
August09, please use the edit feature on your posts, double posting is generally frowned upon; triple and quadruple posting even more so.
If no one has posted since your last post just add your additional comments to the original post. :)

I've got a question, which 7.5W laser/diode did you own and have for years prior to this Sanwu, just wondering?

BTW, Welcome to LPF!

PS - Your new reduced price is much more realistic, good luck with your sale. Besides the questions that have already been brought up, many members are going to be hesitant to purchase an expensive used laser from a brand new member, whose 1st post was this sales thread, you may need to give it some time.

Last edited:
Hi,
Agreed on all points Red and Paul ,high power open can shorter life and a steel host and sink ,that will no doubt add to its failure ,
This is a sink for the 44's and hosts. Now that's heat sinking for a 44..
Rich:)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_7b1.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7b1.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 10
  • fullsizeoutput_801.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_801.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3100.JPG
    IMG_3100.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 10