Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTS: Arctic SIII

Hi there. I have 4 Arctics to sell. I realize I don't have a posting history here and might be considered "one of those", but you can see my posting history on Wicked Laser's forum, under same username for a history.

(Yes, I'm the one who posted the underwater video as seen here. That laser is still perfectly fine, and I couldn't even tell you which one of the 4 it is.)

I haven't used them much at all, and due to financial difficulties I figure I might as well get them out of the house. Not doing much good just sitting around.

Here's the gist of what I have.

4 Arctics, 5 sets of lasershields, 4 chargers, 8 batteries, 1 expanded lens kit, one pen cleaning kit.)

The paint on the power button of one host is worn some.

1 charger was DOA.

So here's a breakdown of the sets I am trying to sell.

(All come with training lens and 2 batteries (L&B) and include shipping)

1 arctic w/ charger, L&B, glasses - $250
1 arctic w/ charger, L&B, glasses - $250
1 arctic w/ dead charger, L&B, glasses - $225
1 arctic w/ 2 batteries, charger, L&B, 2 pairs glasses, lens and pen kit - $300

I can mix and match these around a little, (for example, pen kit in the package with dead charger), but would like to keep them as complete as possible.

Or maybe someone would want to buy the whole lot for $900.

Shoot me a PM.

Thanx. :)

Attachments

• arctics1800.jpg
    arctics1800.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

I want to know how you got TWO cells for each one did they come like that ?

Why does your As seen here link goto our forums?

OH you mean this picture in the thread you Linked?????

sharksLaser.jpg

do you Mind Re Taking the pic of the lasers and put your user name on Paper to show that this image is not older and is indeed new. and yours thanks.

Ash

This video:

I already have an arctic, but want the lens kit. Don't suppose you'd sell just the expanded lens kit. :confused:
And, I don't mean to insult you, but your prices are way too high. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a used arctic, particularly if you don't know if it was underwater or not. I'm also assuming you don't have power measurements for any of them... I would bet between ~750-~900mW, and many of us here can build one over 2X as powerful for ~$100.
eBay may be a better bet for you to get rid of them at +$300 each (with no warranty). :beer:

I tried E-bay once, but they caught me and removed my ad. I was thinking I could post it as something like ".1 MW" to escape their gaze (lol), seeing if it would work. Before I try that I figured I'd post it here.

In any case, I realize the prices may seem a little up there for some, but for some others, who knows? Maybe some folks here aren't DIY, and don't want to risk spending money at WL with the chance of their lasers getting seized by customs, not to mention their less-than-stellar shipping times.

As for the one that was underwater, believe me, there's simply no sign it ever was (and yes, it had the lens cover on at the time.) I did that to show the peeps on WL's forum that it is indeed water-resistant, and could even survive underwater for a short time. I had examined the host thoroughly before deciding to do it, and based upon that examination gave it a go.)

I can work on that photo update today.

P.S. Flaminpyro, I had ordered an extra battery for each.

Last edited:
This video:

I already have an arctic, but want the lens kit. Don't suppose you'd sell just the expanded lens kit. :confused:
And, I don't mean to insult you, but your prices are way too high. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a used arctic, particularly if you don't know if it was underwater or not. I'm also assuming you don't have power measurements for any of them... I would bet between ~750-~900mW, and many of us here can build one over 2X as powerful for ~$100.
eBay may be a better bet for you to get rid of them at +$300 each (with no warranty). :beer:

Yea, this is like really expensive. Cheapest 1W handhelds are about $130.

You know, posting in someone's want ad about how something is too expensive or too cheap or that something must be wrong is like going into a store, and interrupting a salesperson at the counter who is showing something to a customer, and saying to the customer, "Nah, don't buy that here. You can get it someplace else better, cheaper, etc etc."

It's just tactless and rude. I haven't found a camera yet (That photo was from last year), working on it.

Last edited:
You know, posting in someone's want ad about how something is too expensive or too cheap or that something must be wrong is like going into a store, and interrupting a salesperson at the counter who is showing something to a customer, and saying to the customer, "Nah, don't buy that here. You can get it someplace else better, cheaper, etc etc."

It's just tactless and rude. I haven't found a camera yet (That photo was from last year), working on it.

Im not the person that tries to sell underpowered lasers for a high price..

D

Delorean Geek

What if it was one of your friends doing the buying and paying too much? Would you still keep quiet? I doubt it.

But in the OP's defense, 250.00 for an Arctic w/ accessories is not a bad deal. If I were in the market for an Arctic I would take one off your hands. (if it were legal to sell on ebay I would buy the whole lot and pocket about 400.00 profit)

Last edited:

If your going come to a forum and try and sell something as your 1st post than you better expect people to Nay say and second guess you.

I must agree with Krogith on this, i think some people will still be interested but you understand how it looks. If i had the money I might be interested in one.

What if it was one of your friends doing the buying and paying too much? Would you still keep quiet? I doubt it.

But in the OP's defense, 250.00 for an Arctic w/ accessories is not a bad deal. If I were in the market for an Arctic I would take one off your hands. (if it were legal to sell on ebay I would buy the whole lot and pocket about 400.00 profit)

You dont even know the actual output of these lasers..they could be severely underpowered for all I know..

D

Delorean Geek

You dont even know the actual output of these lasers..they could be severely underpowered for all I know..

And how would that be different from any other Arctic. My comment stands, if it were legal to sell on ebay, I would take the lot. Ebayers snatch Arctics up at 350+ each without a thought and they do care about true output...all they know is they want one.

And how would that be different from any other Arctic. My comment stands, if it were legal to sell on ebay, I would take the lot. Ebayers snatch Arctics up at 350+ each without a thought and they do care about true output...all they know is they want one.

Dont get me wrong, im not opposing your viewpoint, but the fact is that, some people, like me :) do care about output. What if he sent you a 1mW Arctic laser for your $250?