Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTF?

Hello all, Ive just been banned by Laser community forums for this post:

"I am now a bit disturbed.

Considering I began my search for a laser pointer coincidentally at the wicked laser site. Naturally however, I wanted to further search the field educating myself on all possibilities for purchase. This forum was the first result of my google search. So I wrote my first post (which turned out to be inappropriate) on what I may want to look into given my specific needs and budget. I received some very helpful advise which I greatly appreciate.

Heres what bothers me. Concerning ParanoidAndroids post.

I did not receive even the vaguest indication that this forum was not so much exclusive to W.L and associated companies (obviously I read the page headline) but intolerant of competing syndicates and discussion relating to them?! I read Nero's response to P.Android which shed light on these circumstances but neglects to fully explain the monopolistic operation of this forum. Now, I am well aware that spam and otherwise haphazard activity can undermine a forums effectiveness but that hardly negates the obligation to provide well rounded and conclusive information.

Here I am under the assumption that Tech Lasers is a reputable enterprise. I'm all set to order their product and Wham! I am bombarded (via other information sources) with testimony in respect to there product inferiority and deceitful buisness practices. I simply want to find an unbiased information source/forum that considers and compares all companies marketing portable laser pointers, omiting any competition based prejudice and offering review and equitable recomendations to the first time buyer who is willing to spend an absurd amount of money!

I dont suppose anyone here would be willing to point me in the direction of such a forum?

Respectfully, Pete"

Hmmm, doesn't seem like so much of a community as a political oligopoly.

What do you think? Was it my spelling? ::)

Pete

Rhith

Welcome to LPF! ;D
If you want to see my "unjust" banning you should check out the "LC Rampage Time!" topic. ;)

S

SenKat

Welcome to a TREMENDOUS storehouse of information ! You have LOTS of reading to do prior to making a purchase...once you have read, and read, and read, some more....then ask a buncha questions - you are in the right place to get PLENTY of insight into what company does what, and the products related to them. Welcome to LPF !

Rhith

And remember to always listen to SenKat. He might as well be a laser god! ;)

S

SenKat

Rhith said:
And remember to always listen to SenKat. He might as well be a laser god!  ;)

LOL !! I dunno about all that, now...{where do I send pay-pal to you, again ? LOL !!!}

I think he meant it more like a laser-Zeus wherein if you piss SenKat off, don't be surprised to find lighting bolts raining down on you.

Rhith

Okay so
SenKat = Laser-Zeus
and lets see... hmm
Pseudo = Laser-Messiah!

Thanks gents, I knew I felt something onesided about that place. :-?

Pete

Some of us just refuse to take Wicked Lasers communistic ways lying down. But you are in the right place if you want to know the best and safest place to buy an in spec. laser. Just tell us what your looking for.

Gazoo

You are in good hands with .....................Laser Pointer Forums.. ;D