Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Starter lpm

Giannis_TDM

I don't have a lot of requirements measurable power 2w or more 1mw precision used or new.
Thanks for looking!

Snecho

I don't think 1mW precision exists?

What's your price range? :)

Giannis_TDM

I don't think 1mW precision exists?

What's your price range? :)
IIRC all the laserbee lpm are and the sanwu lpm for example has a 0,1mw precision. Id prefer a sub 100$ price and if someone has a lower than 2w max lpm but it fits the other requirements ill look into it.

Snecho

IIRC all the laserbee lpm are and the sanwu lpm for example has a 0,1mw precision. Id prefer a sub 100$ price and if someone has a lower than 2w max lpm but it fits the other requirements ill look into it.
I think that's just the smallest denomination the display can read. Even professional and commercial grade LPMs are not that accurate. At least this is what has been repeatedly drilled into me by other members.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Like Snecho mentioned, I think the 0.1mW value is the display resolution only; I don't believe that you're going to find anything near 0.1mW accuracy in an LPM in your price range.

Giannis_TDM

Like Snecho mentioned, I think the 0.1mW value is the display resolution only; I don't believe that you're going to find anything near 0.1mW accuracy in an LPM in your price range.
I don't need that sort of accuracy and I used that to say that lpms that accurate exist I really don't need anything more than 1mw accuracy Edit: To clarify I need something that measures down to the mw don't care if its used and id like a 2w max if cheaper ill also settle for a 1w one and I don't need it to have any fancy enclosure just a basic starter lpm

GSS

Who has access to the Hyperian LPM's or are they just about gone?
Hakzaw seemed to be the last to have them for sale??

That's about what I paid for mine with two sensors. The 6+ watt one and the 20 watt one. i doubt that is Astralist. He made these LPMs.

Snecho

I mean I'd just get a LaserBee AX. It's $140.00 so pretty close to your budget, obviously new, and can read up to a little over 3 Watts.

I mean, you won't get better value for money anywhere else. LaserBee is the pinnacle of hobbiest LPMs. Very good read accurate.

Giannis_TDM

I mean I'd just get a LaserBee AX. It's $140.00 so pretty close to your budget, obviously new, and can read up to a little over 3 Watts.

I mean, you won't get better value for money anywhere else. LaserBee is the pinnacle of hobbiest LPMs. Very good read accurate.

Ive looked into the laserbee meters and i know they will be an awesome investment but I just cant rn only under 100$ i would take a used unit as i dont care if its new only that it is functional

My first LPM was a Laserbee. Got it used from Tmack. Wonder where he is now. It was used and had parts of the thermopile missing the black graphite on it. Tried to remedy that and now it's gone. It was a good meter though while it lasted.

Ive looked into the laserbee meters and i know they will be an awesome investment but I just cant rn only under 100$ i would take a used unit as i dont care if its new only that it is functional
Either send your lasers to someone else (I can measure lasers for you if you want) or save up for however long it takes you to get a unit for $140. It's pretty rare for used lpms to come up for sale, and anything new in that price range is probably much worse than the $140 Laserbee (except the hyperion but I don't think those are being made atm)

Giannis_TDM

Either send your lasers to someone else (I can measure lasers for you if you want) or save up for however long it takes you to get a unit for $140. It's pretty rare for used lpms to come up for sale, and anything new in that price range is probably much worse than the $140 Laserbee (except the hyperion but I don't think those are being made atm)
Yea that's the problem I really don't trust my 400$+ builds with some shitty post office workers that are gonna make a tennis ball out of the package and also shipping 2 ways will be 30$+ I just hoped that a member may have an old one laying around that they could sell me for a low price