Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB some 15kv wire.

Hello friends!

I'm interested in purchasing a few feet of 15kv< wire. I recently bought a 9kv NST and well.. zip didn't think too hard about the type of wire I needed. I guess I was more blinded by its awesomeness.

Anyway, I'd really like to have a few feet of wire to play around with until I order some from China. If anyone has some spare 15kv rated wire laying around... it'd be much appreciated if you'd let me purchase it from you. Any color. Doesn't matter :p

Thanks!
Jeff

I would prefer use the proper wire. Its not really about making it work. I just want to make sure nobody gets hurt by accident.

I don't know how much more "proper" you can get. Though the nominal rating of RG-213/U is 5000kV RMS, its electrical voltage rating is 25kV and the 0.285" of polyethylene insulation only breaks down at 120kV. The shielding also provides corona resistance, and grounding the shielding evens out the field distribution when grounded.