Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Pulse CC Driver for: Panasonic Dual Wavelength 661/783nm 300/380mW Laser Diodes.

EDIT Nov. 08: Finally found some of these Panasonic dual-wavelength laser diodes at a good price $3.80, here are the part numbers for different versions: LNCT22PK01WW - LNCT28PF01WW - LNCT28PS01WW -

Now, I'm looking for a constant current driver which can be used to pulse them at these rates:

Datasheet: https://industrial.panasonic.com/content/data/SC/ds/ds4/LNCT28PF01WW_E.pdf

I'm not completely sure about the LD ArmLaser.com offering because in the above photo, you can see relative to what the Dye looks like, the plastic packaging is different for both of them. None of these three in the photo's cross to one another exactly, confusing. Probably just slight changes in the runs.

Note: The photo on the right with the yellow background comes from the ArmLaser.com web site.

I believe the part numbers are as follows: left PN: LNCQ28PF01WW, right (yellow background) is probably PN LNCT22PK01WW. Comparisons here: https://industrial.panasonic.com/ww/products/semiconductors/laser/red_infrared

Link to ArmLaser.com online offering: Dual-wavelength Laser Diodes - So far, their price appears to be the best. Just wanted to double check with you guys if you might know a place to get a better price, call me greedy.

Also looking for any 1.5 um laser optics, rods, complete lasers at used or surplus prices.

Last edited:

Re: WTB: Any kind of 1550 nm laser stuff, what have you seen?

Appreciate the help on that, all suggestions welcome. I've called them in the past, was immediately scared away at their professional new out of the box prices. I'm an ebay kinda buyer, I don't want to afford that kind of price but as a last resort, I agree. Mostly I am looking for optics at 1550 nm, but if I can find a good deal on 1550 nm stuff, what ever it is, if I think I might be able to use it, I'm interested.

Re: WTB: Panasonic Flat Pack Dual Wavelength 661/783nm 300/380mW Laser Diode.

I'm renaming this WTB thread to reuse it :) Please look at post #1.

If anyone can find these dual wavelength Red/IR laser diodes for a better price there's a surprise gift in it for you, depending upon how much cheaper than 6.99 USD I can get them in quantity.

Edit Update: Found them at KALASER.com, more info here:https://laserpointerforums.com/f63/armlaser-beamq-101645.html

Last edited:
FOUND: Panasonic Flat Pack Dual Wavelength 661/783nm 300/380mW Laser Diodes.

Took awhile, but I found these through an ebay member, here's a photo they sent of the packaging. I'm worried, that white foam might not be anti-static. Most anti-static foam is black or red, this is just white. Does anyone know if there is white anti-static foam? I see the anti-static bag, but that was put on after all of the diodes were inserted into the foam.

Got these coming for for $3.80 each, free shipping. Now, if I could just find a small pulse driver PCB for them, can anyone help? I want to parallel the outputs and pulse the IR and Red separately. The driver needs to run off of 12 VDC to run a few of these diodes in series and be small enough to fit inside a portable unit, a rather large one, but battery operated. If I can't find a driver rated to 12 VDC, I'd consider anything with a pulse function I can dial in for the recommended constant current pulse durations and duty cycles, perhaps one board for the IR and one for the red WL because the manufacturer states both wavelengths cannot be on at the same time.

Last edited:
bump... I know CDROM's must use the kind of driver I am looking for to drive these diodes, they were designed for them. Has anyone taken a CDROM apart and found a separate driver board for the diode?