Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Preset Current Driver

Now that rkcstr drivers are made in a factory, he no longer offers them. Flexdrives are out of stock, and Darklasers is out of stock also. I do not want to use a dummy load driver, mostly because I don't have a DMM or very good soldering skills. Also, I don't think I would be allowed to order from a forum member. Does anyone know where I could buy one?

No, I need a PRESET driver. One that's already set to the current I want.

Sorry... Laser Diode Driver Test Load KIT *MUST HAVE* [Stonetek_RKCSTR_TL] - $10.99 : StoneTek Electronics, Your Laser Parts Store

Parents wouldn't want me buying from people on the internet.
grin.gif

Last edited:
Ask rkcstr (Ryan) to set one of his drivers for you....

BTW... at under $10.00.... it would not hurt for you to
invest in a Digital Muliti Meter (DMM)..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Digital-Pocket-LCD-Multimeter-Meter-DC-AC-Volt-Tester_W0QQitemZ130327711422QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e58230ebe&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It is an essential tool if you are building Lasers.....

You can easily build your own Dummy Load for less than
$1.00...
I am even giving away 10pc FREE 1 Ohm 1/2 Watt Test
Load Resistors.. here...

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/free-1-ohm-test-load-resistors-42409.html

Jerry

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't know Ryan did special orders. And I'll probably be getting a DMM and one of your 120mW LPMs. Those are within 5mW accuracy, right?

rkcstr

Parents wouldn't want me buying from people on the internet.
grin.gif

Well, I'm a person too, I just made a fancy website to handle everything instead of going through PM/email, haha ;)

Anyway, I would LIKE to set the current for you, but my schedule is too busy to handle any custom requests like setting current, unfortunately. I really encourage others to try themselves since it is a pretty basic skill to have for building lasers... and you have to start somewhere.

Last edited:
I have one i can sell you Pre-set. I took them out of stock until i know how many i have to use for builds. but i know i have 1 extra.

PM me, I'll help you out brother, BTW, rckstr drivers ROCK!

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Thanks darkarmyofone, but you all convinced me it's something I need to learn eventually anyway. I'm just going to buy an adjustable one and learn to set it. Thanks anyway.

rkcstr

Glad to hear... if you have problems, let me know.

I just suggest you find a small flat-head screw driver (like for jewelery/glasses) for adjusting the pot. I hear of too many people who use the wrong type of screw driver (ie a cross/phillips) to adjust the pot, strip out the adjuster, then having to push harder to adjust and end up breaking the pot.

Don't forget to build a Test Load...
I've already told you where you can get the FREE 1 Ohm
Test Load resistors...

Jerry

rkcstr

Yes, I know it wouldn't take much for one, but I get a lot of LPF members asking for the same thing, which add up. I could have offered discretely, but then it wouldn't be fair for everybody else. I seriously don't get much extra time outside of my education for anything else... heck, I haven't even done anything laser-related since about May, other than shipping my drivers :undecided: