Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: NUBM07E laser pointer

And what price would you kind sir ask?
the lens to be put on would be one for the best divergence, not for the most power if possible :)
I see 5 watts can be made with this diode. If you can reach 4,5 watts im already happy enough.
also a nice blue host would be awesome ^^

gozert

Having that diode running at 5W would require you to set the current at ~4.5A and use a G2 lens. Since you want a lens with the best divergence, you'd be looking at a 3-element lens which would reduce the output by quite a bit compared to G2. That means that, even if you were running it at 4.5A, you wouldn't likely even reach 4W. I can tell you one thing though, I have my diode running at 4A with a 3-element lens and this thing is already so insanely bright that I'd consider it a legitimate lightsaber at night.

Considering we're in the same country, I could build you a laser to your likings and keep the shipping relatively low. Just PM me with some ideas and we'll work something out. In case you're wondering, this is my build with the NUBM07E diode: http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/nubm07e-465nm-mace-doom-build-94882.html

Last edited:
I have a NUBM07E which puts out 300mw at (now) 3 amps of draw, IT FAILED after less than 30 minutes total time at 4.5 amps. I never let it get hot in my over sized heat sink which was massive and used it for only short periods of time using a driver from DTR which should have protected it from spikes etc. & from what I can tell, the driver is having no problems and still good. Because of this, I am not sure you should run these more than 3.75 amps now.

Last edited:
I have a NUBM07E which puts out 300mw at (now) 3 amps of draw, IT FAILED after less than 30 minutes total time at 4.5 amps. I never let it get hot in my over sized heat sink which was massive and used it for only short periods of time using a driver from DTR which should have protected it from spikes etc. & from what I can tell, the driver is having no problems and still good. Because of this, I am not sure you should run these more than 3.75 amps now.

might be bad luck, seeing other results posted on PL and LPF.
i dont plan on a duty cycle over a minute anyway :)

I hope true for the sake of that diode, it is such a wonderful color!