Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB- Newport MM-1's Wanted DEAD OR ALIVE!

you haven't made a good first impression, no matter how many smiley's you use, we all hear you undertone.

I'm not saying anything bad about you, you are right, i don't know you, but your tone isn't the most friendly.

frogger said:
you haven't made a good first impression, no matter how many smiley's you use, we all hear you undertone.

I'm not saying anything bad about you, you are right, i don't know you, but your tone isn't the most friendly.

first impression on whom? Tone can not be perceived via typing, inflection possibly. Ask anybody that knows me, I'm the friendliest guy you will ever meet. ;D

What tone should I have taken when lasersbee informs me "this is a laser pointer forum" OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH RRRRREAAAAAALALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY

If you work with lasers and have never heard of a MM-1...you know very little in the laser world WADR ofcourse!

My biggest mistake (i have already admitted) was assuming that everyone knew what a MM-1 was. I should have posted a picture right from the get go :'(

Here are some smilies! ;D ;) :) :eek: ::) :-* :-[ :cool:

leave the drama for high school. WADR of Course...

Laserman532 said:
FYI - I know exactly who you are and precisely what you do, even before you told me... do you know me?  expand your horizons my friend (i'm repeating myself again) ;)

what is someone selling power meters doing on a laser pointer forum? ::)  grow up sonny.

Is that "sonny" crack supposed to impress me... :-? :-?
You think I'm 10 years old ................ old wise and all knowing one...
You're repeating yourself is getting boring...

I know exactly who you are.... you're the guy that tries to show off  his superior knowledge
by trying to put down members that ask valid questions that you can't be bothered to answer...

You can keep your snobbery to yourself.. it's not required here

I'm here learning about lasers and to help members when I can...
I could ask a similar question.....
What is someone like you.. that can't answer a simple question.. about his own
thread... doing on this laser pointer forum.. :-?

Jerry

lasersbee said:
[quote author=Laserman532 link=1234035876/0#12 date=1234130106]
FYI - I know exactly who you are and precisely what you do, even before you told me... do you know me?  expand your horizons my friend (i'm repeating myself again) ;)

what is someone selling power meters doing on a laser pointer forum? ::)  grow up sonny.

Is that "sonny" crack supposed to impress me... :-? :-?
You think I'm 10 years old ................ old wise and all knowing one...
You're repeating yourself is getting boring...

I know exactly who you are.... you're the guy that tries to show off  his superior knowledge
by trying to put down members that ask valid questions that you can't be bothered to answer...

You can keep your snobbery to yourself.. it's not required here

I'm here learning about lasers and to help members when I can...
I could ask a similar question.....
What is someone like you.. that can't answer a simple question.. about his own
thread... doing on this laser pointer forum.. :-?

Jerry[/quote]

Relax relax jerry, If you had nothing to contribute to my query you should have kept your mouth shut. I do not need you to remind me which forum I am on. I am old but I am not senile!

OK you said "What is someone like you.. that can't answer a simple question.. about his own
thread... doing on this laser pointer forum"

WHAT QUESTION WAS THAT? Where? When? you lost me jerry... :-?

as far as put down to other members...cite or GTFO

Hey Pat...
   I tried to contribute to your query... but you only mentioned an
MM-1... and there were no pictures of it and when I finally did see a picture I still
didn't know what it is you were looking for...  :-? That's when I asked a question..

The question was basically....
What's it used for... because I've never seen one here.

Then I found that it was a mirror/lens holder.

Jerry

lasersbee said:
Hey Pat...
   I tried to contribute to your query... but you only mentioned an
MM-1... and there were no pictures of it and when I finally did see a picture I still
didn't know what it is you were looking for...  :-? That's when I asked a question..

The question was basically....
What's it used for... because I've never seen one here.

Then I found that it was a mirror/lens holder.

Jerry

Apology Accepted (as colbert would say) Please re read the thread you will note that i did post a picture of it right before you chimed in. I probably posted the picture while you were out searching the WWW. If you also re read my post with the picture I admitted that I wrongly assumed that everyone knew what one was.

Possible uses for a Newport MM-1 - This optical component is generally used for precise adjustment of laser beams by use of one stable fixed plate that when adjusted via the precision 1/4"x 80 tpi screws moving the free plate precisely points a laser beam in in a very precise and accurate X or Y position when a mirror is mounted to the free plate. (i wrote that :-[)

When a polorized beam splitter cube (PBS) is mounted to the free moving surface...Laser Diodes sometimes obtained on a LASER POINTER FORUMS may be combined to double the final output powers of diodes sometimes obtained from a LASER POINTER FORUMS. Sometimes even SPONSORS OF LASER POINTER FORUMS post adjustable mounts on LASER POINTER FORUMS.
sorry jerry, I couldnt resist ;);D

Just because you have never heard of one or ever seen one that dosnt mean they dont exist. I personally have NEVER seen a UFO. :eek:

Hey Pat...
                thanks for the detailed explanation of the MM-1...

I never said they don't exist.... I merely wanted to know what the MM-1
was and what it was used for...

I had read about Lens holders and optical mounts but I had never
seen an MM-1 so I could not correlate the two..

Well... at least it looks like (with all the Caps) you know the name of
the forum..... ;D ;D ;D

Jerry

jake21

oh they go for alot i look at there link they have wow to much for my blood ;D

lasersbee said:
Hey Pat...
                thanks for the detailed explanation of the MM-1...

I never said they don't exist.... I merely wanted to know what the MM-1
was and what it was used for...

I had read about Lens holders and optical mounts but I had never
seen an MM-1 so I could not correlate the two..

Well... at least it looks like (with all the Caps) you know the name of
the forum..... ;D ;D ;D

Jerry

its cool, most of us dont know crap about power meters :D Except that they could measure LASER POWER from DIODES obtained on a LASER POINTER FORUM ;)

daguin

jake21 said:
oh they go for alot i look at there link they have wow to much for my blood  ;D

You just need to find a couple that are just lying around with nothing to do ;)

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=jake21 link=1234035876/16#26 date=1234160594]oh they go for alot i look at there link they have wow to much for my blood  ;D

You just need to find a couple that are just lying around with nothing to do ;)

Peace,
dave[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!!! Paid off for ya did it?

good ol dave knew exactly what I was talkin about, didnt ya dave :)

Dave have you seen my ebay, you might find something interesting there fer ya!

Standing by for more people to sell me more MM-1 Adjustable mirror mount some times used by people on LASER POINTER FORUMS to align two laser diodes into one beam using PBS cubes that are sometime purchased on LASER POINTER FORUMS!

Laserman532 said:
Standing by for more people to sell me more MM-1 Adjustable mirror mount some times used by people on [highlight]LASER POINTER FORUMS[/highlight] to align two laser diodes into one beam using PBS cubes that are sometime purchased on [highlight]LASER POINTER FORUMS[/highlight]!

ROFL...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....LMFAO..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jerry