Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: low power 589nm

MojoLA

Basically I want this color for my home made laser lumia show. I know this color will look great on the wall!

High power isn't important, it's a bright wavelength so I think 10-20 mw would be fine. Adjustable power/focus would be nice, and yes, I know all this suggests a lab or tabletop laser is what I want.

And you'd be right!

Honestly, it could be a home-built thing that you made or ripped out of some piece of medical equipment (don't laugh, that's how I got my pretty blue 473nm) as long as it plugs into a wall and works I'll be happy.

How much am I willing to spend? Ha ha, you tell me! I don't really think anyone is going to have something like is to sell, but it never hurts to ask.

Besides, where ELSE would I look ;-)

ped

10-20 mW is quite a high power in 589nm.

Most are between .06 mW and 10 mW ( that are even remotely affordable anyway).

You are looking at a quite expensive laser assuming you can even find one at that power.
To give you an idea of price check laserglow for s 589 lab laser. 20mW will set you back between $5500 and $8000!

Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers

I have a 1mW GLP 594 pen that I could sell you, but it's not suitable for anything but short duration pointing. Using it as part of a Lumia would be a very bad idea as the "yellow" pointers seem much more sensitive to heat.

MojoLA

Hmmm that seems like a really high price - CNI JUST quoted me $1500 for a 50mw 589 labbie.

They did ask me if it was for personal or corporate use, would I be reselling it and what the use would be. Perhaps when I told them it was just for me and my little laser show, they gave me a lower price than if they thought it was going to be bought by a company with deep pockets?

No other way I could explain that sort of price difference, though.

In any case $1500 is still way outside my price range, but it sure is a lot better than 8 grand!

daguin

It is WAY cheaper to just split off part of a red and a green beam to combine to get "yellow"

Especially in a lumia setup (where you are not combining beams for a measured color).

It would still be way cheaper even if you had to replace both the red and the green in the unit to increase the output ;)

Peace,
dave

plexus

As daguin said.. i have a few of those cheaper 4 colour scanners that are around ebay etc. they are pretty effective especially with DMX control. anyway, they use cheap red and green labbies which combine for yellow. its quite effective. even if not precisely aligned it still works. so if you had a nice red and green labbie and good optics and could combine them precisely, you'd get a really nice yellow.