Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Laser comparable to DX 200 mW

If anyone has a laser (between 400 and 670 nm) of similar power to the Dilda at a similar price, I would be up to buy! I would like a high power burning laser, and the Dilda laser is about 5-10% of any other price. If anyone has a laser they are willing to sell at around this price, I would be glad to buy! I would not like to pay more than $60 including shipping unless power is greater than the Dilda.

(Sorry, I don't really know if this is a good price or not, I am new to the world of lasers and still stumbling around. If this is too low a price, please let me know so that I can get a Dilda laser immediately.)

-Mark

daguin

Get the Dilda. Parts alone for a good build are more than the Dilda costs.

Peace,
dave

I also think you should get a dilda, but if you are in the US then you may have to wait a while to see what happens with DX's new rule.

On second thought, with this whole legality scare, I will just probably build my own.

So, on this note, if you have cheap laser parts, please let me know!

-Mark

There is no IR in there ;D

That's a red diode laser. Red diode lasers don't have any problem with IR, because there is no IR to start with :) Only green and blue (not violet/blu-ray) have problems with IR. And then it's only if you buy from a dodgy seller, the quality lasers have IR filters.

Murudai said:
There is no IR in there  ;D

That's a red diode laser. Red diode lasers don't have any problem with IR, because there is no IR to start with :) Only green and blue (not violet/blu-ray) have problems with IR. And then it's only if you buy from a dodgy seller, the quality lasers have IR filters.

Oh...whoops.

This was what threw me off, what does it mean?

"i have a 16x diode up for sale in a axiz modual ir diode included"

Ah, okay.

I suspect what he meant was that the 16x diode came from a DVD sled, and they also come with IR diodes for CDs. So as well as the 16x red diode in module, he's also including the IR diode that came from the same sled.

Though that may need to be confirmed...

I think he just pops out the IR laser diode that comes in those sleds and lets you keep it along with the red laser diode.

Okay, that makes more sense. And about my above post, now I realize that it was pretty ridiculous, so sorry about wasting your time in that regard. I think I will build my own laser from Jayrob's tutorial.

-Mark