Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB high powered laser 800mw+

Status
Not open for further replies.

lman

Well right now I do not have a laser, and I'm trying to find one, and your next question is prolly going to be something like, if you don't have a laser then why would you have glasses, so therefore ill answer that one now also, i have glasses because my dad use to be big into lasers and he gave me 3 of his old pairs

When was this exactly?

If your dad was into lasers "back in the day" most likely he would not have had goggles that block 445nm as these diodes used in portable lasers only came out around 2010 if I remember correctly. Laser goggles only cover a specific spectrum. There are no entire spectrum goggles otherwise they would not let any light through and you would only see black. Believe it or not but welding goggles won't begin to protect you from lasers - you have no idea how bright a 1W blue is. It is not the tinted or darkened nature that blocks the laser light it is about the pigments in the goggles that absorb the specific wavelength of laser light you need to block or absorb.

Also sunglasses are worse than having nothing on at all as others have said your pupils will dilate because of low light and you will irreversibly damage and burn your eyeballs looking at the laser dot. True laser goggles that would protect you from 445nm blue are usually orange in color and are not dark tinted at all. In fact you can easily see through the goggles. The orange pigment simply absorbs all of the blue light. They appear orange in color because they absorb blue and green light and only let red through. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong but that should fill you in more on the requirements for laser goggles.

These are the goggles you would need for a blue 445nm laser.

http://www.survivallaser.com/Eagle_Pair__190-540nm_Slip_Over_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p556088_3346945.aspx

Last edited:

Things

lol, I've banned this kid and all of his accounts. We're done here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.