Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: custom heatsink, 7x aixiz module

Why single mode reds? Despite the divergence if we could converge 6 44s radially with perhaps one in the center, through a lens at between 10 and 20 feet, that would be effective.

Do you own any NUBM44's ?

Without beam shaping the divergence is very aggressive, you would be overlapping long thin lines and the power concentration would be poor for all except short range work, at 5 yards ( 15 feet ) a NUBM44 with a G2 lens makes a line over 2 inches long.

NDB7875 diodes would be better for 10 feet, but if you were going to use it for desktop and a working distance measured in inches then NUBM44's could be used, but for converging the beams at any distance measured in feet the divergence would give a poor result.

What if: you made a single custom large aixiz module like 30 or 40 mm in diameter? Used a much larger lens to collimate? Like a jewelers loupe.? Anyone ever done this kind of thing?

I wish we had some nice modules which would accept a new larger diameter standard easy to buy collimation lens in a threaded holder. I love fat beams for their lower divergence. You can see that watching my avatar though. I'd say we are ready for at least 10mm diameter lenses with the new multimode laser diodes, perhaps larger.

I wish we had some nice modules which would accept a new larger diameter standard easy to buy collimation lens in a threaded holder. I love fat beams for their lower divergence. You can see that watching my avatar though. I'd say we are ready for at least 10mm diameter lenses with the new multimode laser diodes, perhaps larger.

Yes!!

Beautiful this triple red laser beam in the video
That blue is, however, amazing ... but how can you connect 5-type 500mw laser modules and turn them all on 5 at the same time?
Wow stupendous this forum .... there is to drift like a snail

I would expand upon this dream and add a single mode 445 and 405 capable of no divergence at 50 watts that creates a 1 cm beam.

No cylindrical pair needed.

Now you are dreaming brother, we won't have zero divergence in this world, nor single mode at 50 watts.

Perhaps in my lifetime, but 100 years ago they did not have any lasers.
What is not possible today may be possible tomorrow.

There are many things I would love, and want to be wrong about. Zero divergence? I don't think so, 50 watts of single mode? There might be a way, someday, but I would be very surprised if in our life times.

Of course I agree with you. I am 65 years old so I am not keeping my hopes up.
In 1911 my grandfather began serializing a story in Modern Electrics that would eventually be put into book form, Ralph 124C41+. In it he accurately described the following a telephot, (videophone/SKYPE,) actinoscope, (RADAR,) and video wall, (television) among others. The past August was the 50th anniversary of his death.

Very cool, I'm not much younger than you are, turning 60 soon. I have some predictions for the future, but I better not make them in public, I'd be laughed at. OK, I need to stop posting in this thread now, I just realised how much I'm taking it off topic!

you can use multimode diodes with long fl primary lenses. this would greatly control divergence up to a point. if beam alignment is an issue there are a few options, you could use micro flex mounts and bounce the beams at a 45 degree angle benefit is precise beam alignment, drawbacks are size and complexity. Any good machinist should be able to lathe and mill what styropyro is asking for and get the tolerances to be such that the beams all exit parallel.
i can make what you ask but it would have to wait until after the new year as i wont have access to the schools lab till then.

you can use multimode diodes with long fl primary lenses. this would greatly control divergence up to a point. if beam alignment is an issue there are a few options, you could use micro flex mounts and bounce the beams at a 45 degree angle benefit is precise beam alignment, drawbacks are size and complexity. Any good machinist should be able to lathe and mill what styropyro is asking for and get the tolerances to be such that the beams all exit parallel.
i can make what you ask but it would have to wait until after the new year as i wont have access to the schools lab till then.

If you can accomplish this I am interested in something similar...I have patience:drool:

Don't think I'll be needing this heatsink anymore...just gonna go straight for a large beam combining project.

Has anybody used spatial filters with our widely available highly divergent laser diodes? I plan on doing some experimenting, but it would be cool to clean up a combined beam array with a spatial filter of some sort.

I would expand upon this dream and add a single mode 445 and 405 capable of no divergence at 50 watts that creates a 1 cm beam.

No cylindrical pair needed.

A zero divergence laser beam is impossible. This can be shown from Maxwell's equations, where the only non-diverging beam is possible from a light source of 0 wavelength. Now a single mode 50W diode? Highly unlikely, but not impossible I guess.