Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Cree LED and driver

looking to buy an LED and driver combo. I would like the die to be easily mountable by two screws. It will illuminate the following:

Needs to be wide angle to get the shadow effect.

What do you you have!?

Speedy.... I'm still here

I have tons of both LEDs and drivers removed from flashlights. Not sure if any would fit the bill, but I'd be glad to send you a couple to try out if you want. Are you looking for a particular size or anything?

Also, do you have any pictures of that nightstand lamp listed in your sig? I've been wanting to do a project like that for my daughter(okay, possibly for myself also), but don't really know where to start.

Last edited:
I have tons of both LEDs and drivers removed from flashlights. Not sure if any would fit the bill, but I'd be glad to send you a couple to try out if you want. Are you looking for a particular size or anything?

Also, do you have any pictures of that nightstand lamp listed in your sig? I've been wanting to do a project like that for my daughter(okay, possibly for myself also), but don't really know where to start.

Anything really should work. It will be mounted close to the base of what I want illuminated so it can have any lenses on it needs to be as wide of beam as possible.

There should be a whole thread somewhere with the nightstand lamp.

Sure did. Thanks again! I'm not very crafty with wood but the base is somewhat decent looking. High mode gets a little to warm for me but there is really no heatsink and its too bright anyway. Strobe will look cool on Halloween.

Closer you move it to the wall the smaller the shadow (obviously)

That is quite awesome. You should take some sort of colored transparent material and see what it would look like with a colored light. Might be cool colored too, especially on Halloween.

Were/are you part of an AC130U crew?