Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Cool laser for ~$50

My mini already has a bit of pocket wear on it... so I don't think it would be fair to sell:p

Besides, it never LPMed at 100mW, only ~85mW and about 10-15mW of that is IR. To be fair though Max (MaxLZR) warned me about that laser ahead of time, and the $2 lpm printout was accurate. For $35 if they come back in stock, I'll order another myself as well, although I don't think these will be resold. One of the distinguishing characteristics is that lazerer stands behind the power with their lasers... but that also means they have to send a lot of laser back to their suppliers if they are underspec. I'm guessing they ordered a bunch of them, than metered them, and now sell in three separate categories until they run out.

As far as the rifle host laser is concerned... if you get the 1W, it will be 1W. I have both the 800mW version and the 1W version. Getting the red tomorrow:)

Getting the red tomorrow:)

im excited for you :)
although i have a waterproof 200mw o-like red, i keep getting dissapointed that its not as bright as a green :p

are you going to gut the red riffle? or use it?

maybe a new generations will come after the 500mw 635 rumor :eg:

are you going to gut the red riffle? or use it?

maybe a new generations will come after the 500mw 635 rumor :eg:

Well, I'll review it first... after that, not sure... the stock lasers are nice to begin with:p

Rayfoss pulled the 500mW diode down... the 300mW is still available though. The red mini will make an ideal host for a 635nm imho. I'm also thinking of having a copper heatsink made for the stock mini blue and possibly sticking a 2W+ diode in there:eg:

Edit... I'm also very exited... need to trim down my collection though, my wallet is starting to feel laser fatigue:(

Last edited:
haha, and what about the miti-mode driver?
so pretty much the only thing your keeping is the host :p

The arctic mini is definitely getting a lens and driver upgrade... but I need for lazeerer(note the two ee's) to check out the laser to see if he can machine a copper heatsink to replace the stock brass one, if yes, the upgrade will also include a 2W+ diode and one of his xdrive multimode drivers, as well as a g1 instead of just an aixiz lens.

If not... I'll keep the current diode, and just an aixiz lens. Ideally what I want is a pocket 2W+ laser that has a duty cycle of 90 seconds or so... and already uses a diffraction head:)

The arctic mini is definitely getting a lens and driver upgrade... but I need for lazeerer(note the two ee's) to check out the laser to see if he can machine a copper heatsink to replace the stock brass one, if yes, the upgrade will also include a 2W+ diode and one of his xdrive multimode drivers, as well as a g1 instead of just an aixiz lens.

If not... I'll keep the current diode, and just an aixiz lens. Ideally what I want is a pocket 2W+ laser that has a duty cycle of 90 seconds or so... and already uses a diffraction head:)

Sounds awesome sir, and I wish you luck in that.
I will definitely be buying both the red and blue RIFL models (200mw and 1w respectively). I will post a review from a noob on those if that is useful for anyone. Do you think that any of them are decent for a noob out of box or do they absolutely require upgrades?

Do you think that any of them are decent for a noob out of box or do they absolutely require upgrades?

Well, I don't know about the red mini arctic as I don't have one yet... but if the other two 445's in that host are any indication, you really have nothing to worry about.

Just keep to a duty cycle of about a minute and half on a minute off and you should be fine.

Of course upgrades are always great... and if at some point the laser does stop working, you'll have a very cool host to play around with.