Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Burning Laser

Hi. Looking for Burning laser to control pest in my Saltwater tank. It's 180 gal 2 ft tall x 2 ft deep. Hit me up if you have one f/s. Thank you.

jimdt7

Where do you live and what kind of power/colour ,
would you be interested in ?

Jim

Hay ya thanks Jim.looking for somewhere around. 1.2watt. Even 1800mw 445nm. Blue/green. I have a less powerful laser I will mount below as a reflection tester. I posted a few pics in my Album of tank. Got some unwanted hitch hikers on my live rock that are spreading fast. Puyallup Wa 98373 Thanks

Last edited:
There are at least three threads about this subject... I recommend googling for a bit...

IIRC someone even put together a safety guide specifically for this scenario, also posted it on a another forum.

As for buying a laser... you need to list your age, location, and budget.

You know everywhere you go someone has something smart to say and Polo your one of them. As far as the Search button. You should try it. And you will see there's not as many as you state. By the way thank you for your comment but that's one I wasn't looking for. May just Bail on this site.

Thing is, no one wants to spoon feed a new guy on the forum when the first question they ask is "where to buy", or "want to buy" a burning laser.

It's a red flag. It means you didn't do ANY reading, and aren't aware of the safety concerns in handling a laser.

(If you did do the research you wouldn't be asking the question in the first place.)

You know everywhere you go someone has something smart to say and Polo your one of them. As far as the Search button. You should try it. And you will see there's not as many as you state. By the way thank you for your comment but that's one I wasn't looking for. May just Bail on this site.

Sorry but I just tried it and got 338 posts.
Thanks for looking.

Tman

[Looking for Burning laser to control pest in my Saltwater tank....]

hmmm, finally a "real" use for a laser other than lighting matches, popping balloons, burning wood, science experiments... :yh:
I think that's pretty cool

Last edited:
Since the use you're discribing is to mainly burn. Wouldnt a 405nm be more effecient per mW than a green/blue (532.445)?

Yeah but the difference in power output between even the highest efficiency 405nm and a 445nm is enough to make the 445's better for burning.

Sorry guys been doing some researching and still researching. Would like more than just a laser. I would like a complete kit. Not sure yet on type and power. Some imput would be helpful.
I'm 49
Own a home
Have a job
Lic plumber 28yrs
Beautiful Wife. No kids
Lots of toys
Love life, fishing, hunting- "safety"
Live in Puyallup Wa
Hope this helps telling a little about my self.