Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Broken WickedLasers 'pens'

Now we have more wavelengths in a 5.6mm package, and I was really interested in putting my own single mode diode in a WL pen style host. E2 was the coolest to me, and I just bought one specifically for not destroying, but E3, nano, and others are also workable. 532nm WL pens are also mod-worthy.
As I'm looking for broken WL pens, I'm going to keep my budget low (near $20-30). It's the host I'm buying, not the diode and driver. A working driver would be nice though because you can't really put a nice new indicator LED in with your own driver unless you've got a PCB skill of at least 30

Last edited:

good luck! my first laser was an E3 "75mw" "Lunar" (405nm). it is now a 300mw 650nm and one of my favorite lasers. Make sure you have good, long, rigid springs as WL modules tend to be longer than anything we make :D

good luck! my first laser was an E3 "75mw" "Lunar" (405nm). it is now a 300mw 650nm and one of my favorite lasers. Make sure you have good, long, rigid springs as WL modules tend to be longer than anything we make :D
Always difficult when the driver isn't long enough :beer: Thanks for the advice

I agree, the E2 is one of my favorite hosts.
If I remember, it takes AAs, right? I wonder why everyone thinks it's so great to use AAA batteries
Btw, soo excited for my E2. thank you ^.^