Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB any burning laser

um hes been gone for a while obviously and he has been here for 3 years

you really like to post dont you

i just found it suspicious thats all
im still fairly new and havent seen him before
and i just asked because he obviously has rep and post count

if this was a 2 post noob, asking "cheap burning laser" questions, i would bash them immediately :p

again, i was just curious, with no negative intentions

Last edited:

i just found it suspicious thats all
im still fairly new and havent seen him before
and i just asked because he obviously has rep and post count

if this was a 2 post noob, asking "cheap burning laser" questions, i would bash them immediately :p

again, i was just curious, with no negative intentions

its fine :beer: i understand

I'm from back in the day with the old forum, I think i joined in 2006 or 2007 before the new forum was made. anyways i've owned dozens of lasers...

anyways I think I'm either gonna buy one from olike if i dont get something from a member soon

lazerer.com is currently better than o-like in terms of shipping time and spec
you should check them out

Site is down at the moment... but I do agree that lazerer is the better of the two companies.

any other companies i should check out? or should i save up a few hundred and just get a good 445nm laser?

any other companies i should check out? or should i save up a few hundred and just get a good 445nm laser?

The 445nm 1W+ lasers make the ~200mW loc reds look like toys imo.

Save up for the moment, and get yourself a 445nm... cheap ones do pop up in the b/s/t every few weeks for around ~120.

Higher quality builds can be had for around $200.

If you could multiply your budget by 4, or even 3.7, I'd have the perfect laser for you.

maybe in 2-3 weeks I might have $200 saved, I need some new computer parts though, my GTX480's and hex core cpu are showing their age

maybe in 2-3 weeks I might have $200 saved, I need some new computer parts though, my GTX480's and hex core cpu are showing their age

If you're running two gtx 480's in sli and that's not cutting it for you... what are you doing, lol!

My OCed 460 is still adequate... for another 6 months to a year max... after that going to build new computer, and retire my current rig to the office.

If you're running two gtx 480's in sli and that's not cutting it for you... what are you doing, lol!

My OCed 460 is still adequate... for another 6 months to a year max... after that going to build new computer, and retire my current rig to the office.

Thats what i thought too... But imo, desktops are overpriced these days. Ive never really "owned" a desktop before :)

Thats what i thought too... But imo, desktops are overpriced these days. Ive never really "owned" a desktop before :)

You know what's funny. I never owned a laptop:p

I had a few from work/for work, but they never felt adequate for me. I like big screens, full sized mechanical keyboards, and an actual mouse:D

You know what's funny. I never owned a laptop:p

I had a few from work/for work, but they never felt adequate for me. I like big screens, full sized mechanical keyboards, and an actual mouse:D

Lol. I use a mouse with my laptop. But in terms of price:power, i still think laptops are better. I got my i5 laptop for $210 and i7 for $310. NOT used, NOT refurbished, NEW :D

Already..? How old?
they are about a year old, going to upgrade to GTX580 3gb classifieds asap, and probably gonna get a i7 2600k, up from a 1090T with a EVGA 1155 FTW classified board

back on topic peeps

Last edited:
^^^There is a lot more parity now, but still I disagree.

Laptops absolutely can't touch desktops when to comes to raw power... just not physically possible.

What i7 did you get for $310?