Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: ~67mm DIAMETER ~40mm FL PCX LENS..........................................

I've exhausted looking through ebay and google searching to find an inexpensive 67mm diameter PCX lens with about a 40mm focal length. Putting this message out hoping someone might have one in this group. Doesn't need to be AR coated, want to use at either 1064 or 532nm, I actually need a couple of them, one for each.

Edit: I can find lots of 67mm 40mm FL aspheric lenses which won't work for me, it seems 67mm is a very common diameter for those, but not for a normal PCX lens. It wouldn't be ideal for a beam expander, but I'd settle for a regular double convex lens at that diameter with a focal length between 30 and 60mm if there be one available.

Last edited:

Have you checked Surplus Shed ??

I just bought some nice low price lenses from them. They have a decent selection, but their "lens finder" search function did NOT show the lenses I was looking for, even though they had some in stock!

Yes, I tried them too, Surplus Shed has the best prices and a huge selection, just nothing close to 67mm diameter with anything near 40mm focal length.

OK, now my rant about their customer service:

When their actual stock does not match their online inventory, without a second thought, they go ahead and mail orders which are not complete without first asking the customer if it is OK to do so.. This happened THREE times, the last time was for an order of just two lenses I needed for a project and they sent me only one without first asking if they should fill an incomplete order. Sure, I received a refund for the difference but then I had a lens I couldn't use alone. After that many strikes they are now out with me unless I need just one, they can't ship a partial order of only one.

Sad, because their prices are great but I wont have that happen a fourth time.

Last edited: