Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 500mW-750mW 405nm "Blue Ray" Laser

I was looking for a ready to go Blu Ray in a host before, around January, however due to my divorce I was not able to get one. Now I have everything settled, and I am looking to buy, I have looked through the For Sale section, but it looks like most of the Lasers that looked like what I wanted have been sold already. If anyone else would be able to build one, I would be more than happy to buy it. I can spend around up to $350.00 shipped I would also be happy with a 445nm model as well. I am looking for kinda of a smaller type host. I would like to get a charger with it as well. I used to build a few 405s my self but, I do not have the time for right now. I am in the Marines and I would like to acquire a very high powered hand held 405nm laser before I deploy to Afghanistan. The last few times I went to Iraq, they really didn't like the green lasers we had, but I used a 405 a couple of times that I had put together and they seemed to be a lot more terrified of it than a green one :eg:. Lasers are quite good at stopping groups of people or vehicles at checkpoints, which is when I usually use one. If any one would be able to help, please reply back, as I am kinda on a time line to get one before I go.

Last edited:

DTR

I though I was reading somewhere that the military was using lasers effectively for checkpoint or crowd control. The laser had a wide beam. The idea is that you are able to target several peoples eyes at once. It would not permanently blind them but is shocking and can temporarily mess with their vision. I would think that you would not want to try to shine 500mW at someone unless your life was in danger and in that case you would have a low chance of actually hitting a moving target in the eyes in the few seconds that you would have in that type of situation. I guess you could defocus it but you would probably be guessing on what is enough directed light to stun without blinding.

Yes we do, and typically it is not highly focused, but our lasers are between 250mW-1W green lasers with TTL pulse. They are usually used further away to initially deter the people from coming closer, then other means are used to deter them. We are not actually supposed to shine it in their eyes, it is more of an attention getter to let them know, don't come this way go back. It is also highly effective if focused and pointed at windshields of a car, which causes the whole windshield to light up typically due to the refraction of the beam on the glass, but dirt on the windshield also makes it defract more as well. I have had and used lasers with great effect for checkpoints as well on foot patrols. The more exotic colors seem to scare people off better than the standard red and green. I would actually like to get a 445nm -447nm laser than a 405, simply because it is more visible than a 405nm. So if there are anyone who has a 445, I would be highly interested, however I must mention that I will not have the money until the 30th, as this is pay day for us. I was thinking of getting a Spartan 1W handheld from Dragon Lasers, but I don't know a lot about that company, or the quality of their units, but that model would be great for my purposes, as we will be in longer range engagements in Afghanistan.

Yes we do, and typically it is not highly focused, but our lasers are between 250mW-1W green lasers with TTL pulse. They are usually used further away to initially deter the people from coming closer, then other means are used to deter them. We are not actually supposed to shine it in their eyes, it is more of an attention getter to let them know, don't come this way go back. It is also highly effective if focused and pointed at windshields of a car, which causes the whole windshield to light up typically due to the refraction of the beam on the glass, but dirt on the windshield also makes it defract more as well. I have had and used lasers with great effect for checkpoints as well on foot patrols. The more exotic colors seem to scare people off better than the standard red and green. I would actually like to get a 445nm -447nm laser than a 405, simply because it is more visible than a 405nm. So if there are anyone who has a 445, I would be highly interested, however I must mention that I will not have the money until the 30th, as this is pay day for us. I was thinking of getting a Spartan 1W handheld from Dragon Lasers, but I don't know a lot about that company, or the quality of their units, but that model would be great for my purposes, as we will be in longer range engagements in Afghanistan.
spartan is pretty much guaranteed to be great quality because dragon lasers get their stuff from CNI, a high quality manufacturer. Of course, its not hard to build one ( i recommend SS 18650 host from jayrob) but tbh its easier and you'd have it quicker from dragon lasers. Unless they have stock limitations which is likely with 445 atm.
I finished a 900mW 445 recently and I can tell you the beam is impressive, visible during the day so long as the sunlight isnt bright and very bright at night. divergence quite reasonable, better than the 405s i've seen.

DTR

I just think you take a chance of seriously hurting someone that you are just trying to "get attention" or "deter" by hitting the windshield of an occupied car with a 500mW+ laser. Just my two cents:whistle:

I just think you take a chance of seriously hurting someone that you are just trying to "get attention" or "deter" by hitting the windshield of an occupied car with a 500mW+ laser. Just my two cents:whistle:

Not to mention, we unfortunately live in a screwed up world today where a hero like him could possibly be disciplined for breaking the ridiculous Geneva Convention by causing eye damage to some murderous insurgent trying to zoom through a checkpoint.

Not to mention, we unfortunately live in a screwed up world today where a hero like him could possibly be disciplined for breaking the ridiculous Geneva Convention by causing eye damage to some murderous insurgent trying to zoom through a checkpoint.

Dude, its a laser forum, not a soap box. Please stay on topic, or go to the 'Other' section to rant.

Are there any takers? I only have 2 weeks left until I ship out, I can do a commission or something, if not Im going to try to get a Spartan 1W, or I may try my luck with "gulp" Arctic Spyder 3 from Wicked. I probably wouldn't get it from wicked in time, but Im not going over empty handed lol. SOMEONE here has got to have or can build a 445 at around a watt...

Razako

Are there any takers? I only have 2 weeks left until I ship out, I can do a commission or something, if not Im going to try to get a Spartan 1W, or I may try my luck with "gulp" Arctic Spyder 3 from Wicked. I probably wouldn't get it from wicked in time, but Im not going over empty handed lol. SOMEONE here has got to have or can build a 445 at around a watt...
You probably won't get the spartan OR the arctic within two weeks. Both are shipping from china and heavily backordered. Just look through the buy/sell/trade forum and buy one of the current 445nm builds for sale.

Check these out
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/f...uilt-morgan-25-boxes-matches-300-a-53479.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/marine-built-445nm-750mw-laser-schweet-53522.html

Last edited:

DTR

Have you thought about gettin a hot kit from jayrob set to 1A and a diode from daguin?
I know it can be overwhelimg looking at it but it is very simple. You could have it put together in under 5mins when the stuff gets to you.

I have thought of this, however, I just don't have the time to get all the parts and put it together, I really wish I did, it would be a lot cheaper thats for sure. We are really really busy getting ready to leave, and I still have to get the rest of my house packed up. I was looking at DieselMarines build, it looks really great, and I have a LED Lenser flashlight, it would make a great host. I have not received a response back yet. Also the one for sale from Morgan is already sold unfortunately. :(