Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 400+ mw 532nm

Just looking to see of anyone wanted to sell a high power 532nm laser. Thanks. Maybe soming like a dl sparten or hulk. I love the hulk style host.
Even a sky lasers or Jet lesers would work. Cni lasers as well.

as a fyi, i bought a jetlasers ple-pro from a member who claimed it would put out 1 watt, well it does, some of the time, other times, being temperature sensitive, it puts out 400 mw, most of the time somewhere between 400-800 mw. just giving you heads up these dpss laser pointers can be all over the place from the advertised output level. i am guessing the pointer i bought was the 800 mw version, i don't know if the ple-pro comes at lower power ratings than that and still be the "ple-pro".

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
as a fyi, i bought a jetlasers ple-pro from a member who claimed it would put out 1 watt, well it does, some of the time, other times, being temperature sensitive, it puts out 400 mw, most of the time somewhere between 400-800 mw. just giving you heads up these dpss laser pointers can be all over the place from the advertised output level. i am guessing the pointer i bought was the 800 mw version, i don't know if the ple-pro comes at lower power ratings than that and still be the "ple-pro".

I Just checked, and the Jetlasers 532nm PLE-Pro can be purchased in 100W increments all the way from 200mW to 800mW, starting at $179.00. :yh:

Edit: The PLE-Pro mini is also an option in a somewhat smaller host, and can be had in powers up to 700mW.

Last edited:
Who knows which one I got then, I may have the 600 mw version, it plays there more often than not, but sometimes when the stars are aligned just right, near twice that power output. I do like 532 nm DPSS for the thin beam with a decent low mRad of divergence, but for a stable output power 520 nm laser diodes are my preference, if expanded 5x or more beam diameter to reduce their high divergence, but 3x expansion would be all you need to get the divergence down to that of many DPSS laser pointers.

Last edited:
That's a pretty wide swing from 400-800, maybe a 700 with a problem ??

Have you tried rotating it while it's warmed up?

Sometimes the glue that holds the crystal can go soft.

Last edited:
Maybe, :( i've rotated it, no difference in power.

Last edited:
I wonder if it has a feedback that could be defective?

I suppose if you could run it with an ammeter and LPM together so you could see if it's the driver or the crystal, if it's the driver you could replace it, it just seems like a wide swing to be the crystal alone.....what do you think?

I also like the beam quality of DPSS but the mode hop and unsteady output is distressing, still I have some 200mw modules with wider longer FL lenses in the ole sliding tube that can make a very tight far field dot.

Too bad my dam astigmatisms keep me from fully enjoying it.

GSS

I wonder if it has a feedback that could be defective?

I suppose if you could run it with an ammeter and LPM together so you could see if it's the driver or the crystal, if it's the driver you could replace it, it just seems like a wide swing to be the crystal alone.....what do you think?

I also like the beam quality of DPSS but the mode hop and unsteady output is distressing, still I have some 200mw modules with wider longer FL lenses in the ole sliding tube that can make a very tight far field dot.

Too bad my dam astigmatisms keep me from fully enjoying it.

I won't be working with the JL to figure out the problem for some time to come, trying to get ready to go to a new job in Doha, Qatar. I must like sand too much :p

I did measure the current 2 years ago, was normal, but now I don't remember what it was.

Encap

That sound like a defective unit the seller didn't feel like returning for repair and that was probably the reason it was being sold---
Lack of stable output and wild drop in output power like you describe is very uncharacteristic of JetLasers products---they are usually overspec and will normally will never drop below the rated output.

Might be a good idea to contact Gray and send it back for repair--who knows whats wrong with it could be several things. Am sure they would not want one of their lasers out there that was acting the way you describe. They would be out of business if they were all like that. JetLasers is known for making 1st class reliable and stable excellent lasers that do not drop below rated output even after years of use. Your unit is atypical and/or damaged if it is doing what you say.

Ship it to JetLasers before you leave and have an excellent laser when you return or have them ship the repaired unit to you in Qatar

Last edited:
Ha, it's the only high power 532 nm laser pointer I have ever owned, I know DPSS are typically somewhat unstable due to temperature variations, unless the diode and crystal are tightly temperature controlled with a TEC, so I thought this was par for the course for most of these pointers which don't have temperature regulation built into them.

Doha, Qatar sounds like a better place to live and work than where you were.

Better accommodations I hope?

Ha, it's the only high power 532 nm laser pointer I have ever owned, I know DPSS are typically somewhat unstable due to temperature variations, unless the diode and crystal are tightly temperature controlled with a TEC, so I thought this was par for the course for most of these pointers which don't have temperature regulation built into them.

This has been my experience with DPSS lasers too. My 1350 mW lab laser works fine and is very stable, but the higher one gets these in a pointer, the more they tend to mode hop and change power levels. It isn't really possible to have all the temperature compensating features in a pointer that the lab lasers have.

Company paid apartment and car, live off base so hugely better. Wife can come too.