Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 4 or 5 w blue laser for reef aquarium pest elimination

TerryC

Hi everyone,
Im Terry C. in TN.
I am looking to buy a qulaity 4 or 5 watt blue laser pen for pest elimination in my reef tank.
does anyone have anything for sale or a link to put me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance'
Terry C.

Hi everyone,
Im Terry C. in TN.
I am looking to buy a qulaity 4 or 5 watt blue laser pen for pest elimination in my reef tank.

Thanks in advance'
Terry C.
PM sent

Welcome to the LPF, Terry. Any blue laser at 4-5 watts is not a pen. They putout too much waste heat, and therefore, need much larger heat sinks. Don't be fooled into buying something that doesn't take that into account. Also, the higher power blue laser diodes have terrible divergence specs. Something you need to take into consideration when burning reef pests.

Hello Terry

I assume you know about laser safety and make sure you wear the proper laser safety glasses when lasing especially around/in a glass/acrylic tank that can produce reflections, also we all make mistakes so the safety glasses are a must.

The cheap Chinese glasses are not worth risking eye damage, here's what many here wear and I have no incentive in posting this except to help.

Be safe and enjoy.

https://www.survivallaserusa.com/Safety_Goggles/cat1667093_1527285.aspx

crally

Hi everyone,
Im Terry C. in TN.

Thanks in advance'
Terry C.
Hey, I have a 5W 445NM blue laser from Jetlasers up for sale on ebay https:// www . ebay . com/itm/163967150421

TY GSS
his price is ~same as new from JL but no warranty and he has not posted how 'used' it is.

crally

TY GSS
his price is ~same as new from JL but no warranty and he has not posted how 'used' it is.
Hi, the price for on jetlasers comes to $314, making mine $40 cheaper. Also, ebay has a 30 day money back gaurantee meaning within 30 days of delivery, you can return the item for a full refund no questions asked.
As for how used it is, I had used it for a few hours immediately after I received it, and it's been sitting in a box collecting dust in my closet for a bit over 2 years since.

edit: If I'm mistaken about the price please let me know and I'll lower it, thanks.

Not here to debate you.. Members are only allowed to sell in the BS&T section- and must have a number of 'legit' posts plus IIRC a finished profile.

You might get a temp ban for this.. if so-no big deal-- it passes quick and you will be back. (dont ask me how I know--lol)

We know JL well here-->10 group buys were made min order was 10 lasers- They are members in good standing here and JL has an excellent rep.