Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 2.5w to 2.9w 445nm

I had one hit 3.8W then drop to around 3.6W it was the best a have seen out of 150 or so diodes I would like to see more like that one. Working on a 2 diode model that had it over 5.2W what do you think they would sale for?

PS thanks I appreciate all the kind words

Greetings,

WOW, I guess something is wrong with mine as it went just a little over 2.2w. I did buy the 3w-3.5w. Could it be the batteries ? At the time I had 2 ultrafire 2400mah 18650's and not the 2 4000mah that came with it. They were charging. I also have a few of those panasonic 3100mah IMR's.

Would love to see this at 3.5w.

Moe

Greetings,

Just tested and was not the batteries. I put the ones that came with it fully charged and was no differemt. Maybe I got a 2w instead by accident.
If it weren't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all.....

Moe

Greetings,

Just tested and was not the batteries. I put the ones that came with it fully charged and was no differemt. Maybe I got a 2w instead by accident.
If it weren't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all.....

Moe

You should talk to Rick about this, he is a man who will stand behind his product. My first Rick Trent 3.5 watter , the one that met with an impact event, only managed 3.15 pre Impact, and the lens was screwed in all the way ( literally on the diode). It was just shy of infinity. Expliaining this to RIck he wanted to replace the laser ( after retesting it himself). However the impact event made a return an unethical move. It still is pretty kick arse occasionally hitting back upto 3.1watts. I abuse the hell out the this one,while the newer one pegs my meter inside 4 seconds and has a nicer heatsink and focus ring as well. For the money I can't see any other laser in 445 being able to compete with this.
I follow a duty cycle of 1minute on / off Max on the newer model . ( I love watching my meter go into "overflow"
If Rick could build a dual diode 5watt+ laser , keep the price around $500
he'd corner the market on full size powerhouse 445's. I'm surprised more people don't have a RT build.

One last thing my non damaged RT laser produces a much better beam as it has room to reach infinity without resting the lens on the diode.
Talk to Rick , he'll work with you to get a powerhouse ( if you paid for a 3.5 or 3W+ he'll make sure you get it.)

I do use the 26650 battery instead of any 18650 even though the Panasonics are a true 3400mah. I assume with your many lasers you are using top line 18650's??

Last edited:
I have AW 18650 3400mah batteries and also ultracrap 4000mah. In my SS 18650 2w 445, I can't tell between the batteries. They both last a long time and charge in about the same time. Either way it smokes anything I point it at instantly...

I have asked him to call it sound like its not getting in to high mode could have got damage in shipping he should be getting over 3w 2.2w is what I get in the mod under high mode he payed for a 3.w and will have one :drool:
I give out my cell all the time 423-839-4739
I am here if you need me call before 8pm E

Greetings,

Unfortunately, it is in high power mode. It goes through all modes, high, medium, low and strobe. Seems like it would be normal if this is a 2w instead of 3w and I bet a 2w maybe got mixed up and that is what I got.
Anyway, will call Rick here in just a bit.

Moe

I have asked him to call it sound like its not getting in to high mode could have got damage in shipping he should be getting over 3w 2.2w is what I get in the mod under high mode he payed for a 3.w and will have one :drool:
I give out my cell all the time 423-839-4739
I am here if you need me call before 8pm E

Greetings,

Yes indeed Rick is the man !
Found out from him as I sent the laser back that I had made a mistake and had tested with the wrong lens on it. Seems the glass is very hard to place and the one installed was a little crooked. No other problem with it as it would still focus it just was not coming straight out of the laser. I almost put one of my G2 lenses on it and now wish I had. I honestly did not know there was a difference in the lenses it came with. Actually I wasn't even expecting an extra lens and focus adapter to come with it so I assumed it was just an extra lens. He tested it with the high power lens and got 3.2w.
Even though one thing I did notice is that it seems a little hotter at a distance then the other one I have doing 2532mw. It was burning extremely well at a distance with the lower power lens. I cannot wait to get it back now that I know better....

And for those of you that do not have a Rick Trent laser, you should seriously consider getting one. Even if you are a builder as well. It's power is second to none, price also second to none as well as customer service.

Thanks again,
Moe