Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: ~1W RGB Projector

Hi folks! I'm looking for a decent RGB PJ as the subject reads. I already own a cheapy REKE 500RGB & run it using LSX but the 532 module burnt out & I cannot replace it because the laser modules are glued in place (!?) rather than mounted & removable/replaceable. Now my REKE makes some great RB Lumia but without green that's all Im using it for :D

This PJ Im looking for is for home and personal use also. I dont work for any entertainment companies doing laser shows so I dont need a top shelf professional PJ. Just something that uses ILDA, is fixable when something needs replacing & that isn't crap from china!

I've been talking with Hakzaw1 behind the scenes for a couple of weeks here and getting a TON of help from him, but to date neither he nor I have found anything available. There are a few 2W PJs from China on the bay that are under $1000 in my price range, but that is an absolute and undesirable last resort. I know there are also group buys on PJs but Hak would have me setup if anything was going on right now, I dont want to wait for another GB if I dont have to.

Hak is recommending a 850mw LaserKing PD2 that supposedly is a great buy, he has nothing but good things to say about this PJ and I'm plenty interested. If anyone has anything available or knows someone that might be willing to part with a nice projector - please share this info with them or tell me who to ask!

:beer:

I have a contact for Crina over at, oh god now I forget the company name. Anyways I did a GB thtough them last year and they have 1 & 2W RGB projectors for under $600, I believe under $500. If you want to contact her let me know and ill PM you her info and also the private site they have all their units listed under. They sell them online but this site is direct through them at discounted prices

That sounds like a great price livin! What did you & others think of these PJs after that GB?? Fast scanning? I'm not familiar with Crina but if you're happy with yours I'd love to find out more about a 1W. Thanks for your input, yes I would love to contact the lady you mentioned :D

:beer:

I really like mine. I didnt get the 1W unit but the 500 or 600mW one and its great. I havent got a single compliant from any of the buyers so id say they like them too. Crina was very helpful and actually respnded to emails promptly and with decent to good english. I know thats one big issue with foreign vendors is not being able to understand them or vise versa.

Will send you a PM whenni get home from work

Just updating here, I recently made the difficult decision choosing between 2 chinese companies to purchase from (LaserKing & Casa) - both of which were recommended from credible forum members who've worked with and purchased from before. During my research I decided to go with a 2W RGB Casa projector because I was able to get a little more bang for the buck between the 2 units I was looking at. I also plan on doing a review on the PJ I've ordered after I receive it & mess around a little bit. Until then I'd like to sincerely thank Hakzaw1 and Livinloud for helping me out along the way, both for answering some simple questions, offering some great advice and recommending what you have! :thanks:

Right now my PJ just left China & is en route to Ohio before reaching my location in Illinois, according to DHL tracking. Again I will follow up once I receive what I've ordered & let anyone interested know how it all went down. Until then........ :beer: :D