Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 1-5mw cat laser

cootha

Hey guys I need something low powered to play with my cats, everything I own is far too powerful. I've bought a few "1mw" pointers from australian ebay but they all look to be 20-30mw so there's no way id use them. Id like something sturdy, hopefully using aa, 18650s or l1044s. Preferably 1-2mw and in the 465-532nm range, looking for a bright visible colour so I can get away with as little power as possible. I know i could get a 1mw red but this laser has to also appeal to the hobbyist in me haha. I'm in australia if international shipping is an issue for you. Thanks for the help

Encap

Buy, Sell and Trade sufborum rule under forum heading says: "Buy, sell, and trade lasers and/or laser pointers. Minimum 20 laser related posts required before thread creation. "

Nobody here ever offers 1mW pointers --no interest on LPF in same.

See this place in Austria they sell true 1mW pointers: http://www.roithner-laser.com/laser_pointers.html

Last edited:

Snecho

Yes, 20 post rule same samity same aside, you can send Sanwu an email and ask if they can make you a 5mW version of the cyan or green Pockets. Also LaserGlow sells true 5mW and low powered 532nm and other colors for around $30-$60

Other than that, you can always build one.

Or...buy your cat some laser goggles!

Encap

If you only want/need a 1mW to play with a cat---have a look at the Austrian company I linked for a real 1mW pen of whatevef wavelength you want.

Sanwu pocket lasers start at $90US and would cost more if they would even undertake do what they don't do or sell and probably will not do.. No money no profit/nothing to be made from doing one off special orders of lasers they don't make on significant quantity or offer.
Can't hurt to ask but...

The Laserglow pointers all say <5mW however might have some 1mW versions of their Lyra pen they no longer list any offer of same. Everyting they offer says <5mW with no choices other than that. See: https://www.laserglow.com/product/byproduct/Premium-Laser-Pointers/

USA company Z-Bolt offers a Class 2, 1mW laser pointer here: https://www.custom-laser-pointers.c...MI9--k_5mA6gIVh5yzCh37hAO1EAMYASAAEgK3GPD_BwE

Last edited:

cootha

Thanks for the replies guys ill check out those companies, you're definitely right not many people would want something so low power but I thought i'd give it a shot because everything I currently own is far too powerful and ebay units are wildly overspec. As far as importing goes luckily its a non-issue for myself if its under 20mw, there's weapons act provisions that allow me to import and own this restricted item.

GSS

Throwing this out there..
Axiz sells 5mW red 12mm modules for $5 or $6 for a 2 pack or more. They are not stronger than 5mW like the typical ebay ones, at least mine aren't. They will also last for years unlike the cheap Dollar Store key chain ones which last maby a week.
Just connect a 3 or 5V source to the wires and that's it.
The issue would be a host to put it in, unless you don't mind just the battery hookup and just play. There's always a way modify a flashlight host to work.
There is also a few great members who build nice hosts that you just slide the Axiz module in. Shipping though will be slow.

Encap

Throwing this out there..
Axiz sells 5mW red 12mm modules for $5 or $6 for a 2 pack or more. They are not stronger than 5mW like the typical ebay ones, at least mine aren't. They will also last for years unlike the cheap Dollar Store key chain ones which last maby a week.
Just connect a 3 or 5V source to the wires and that's it.
The issue would be a host to put it in, unless you don't mind just the battery hookup and just play. There's always a way modify a flashlight host to work.
There is also a few great members who build nice hosts that you just slide the Axiz module in. Shipping though will be slow.

Good point --even their 1mW is enough for use as a safe cat toy - cost $4 see: http://www.aixiz.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/59/products_id/296

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS