Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WRONG !! READ AND LEARN, FOLKS

Daedal

Phazonx, I would like to say that the matter IS BEING taken care of and I have supplied all the help I can.

Here are some steps that would help you identify your problem:
  • The unit came calibrated and tested on one of the SenKat GB diodes to operate at 3V and 200mA output from a regulated and from an unregulated supply! I could have hooked a car battery to that thing and would have worked just fine!!
  • If you chose to recalibrate it yourself, I suggest using a dummy load. We identified dummy loads as 4 x 1N400X silicon diodes available from any electronics shop worldwide!
  • Test voltage from outside the circuit, test current from inside the circuit. This works by measuring the voltage ACROSS the load, and measuring the current by placing the DMM through the circuit where the current has no where else to flow except through the DMM. Hook one side of the DMM to the output lead, and the other to the load.
  • CALIBRATE THE PSU WITH A DUMMY LOAD! ALWAYS.
  • Make sure the wired and FIRMLY connected TO the LD and FROM the LD, TO the board and FROM the board.
  • Make sure your PSU that you are using to power the circuit is capable of running the circuit.

From the problem that you have presented to me, it seems like you have either miscalibrated the circuit, or your power supply is not capable of supplying enough juice. Check it, make sure. I would never sell you something that was not up to your expectations. I can pretty much guarantee you that the problem is from outside the circuit. I am sure of this thing's operation as I have tested it and burnt a match with your specific circuit and at your desired settings from 5 feet away!

Please be a little more patient after you send me a PM... it took me less than 4 hours to get back to you. This is very unexpected and quite rude.

--DDL