Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Would like opinions please

Kahuna

I work in industrial construction settings usually in remote areas. My previous laser (wicked lasers) was stolen from my desk and I have had to use a cheap no name laser for a couple days. I never realized how much I used it but the cheap back up only lasted two days.

I had good luck with my wicked laser but after becoming more educated on the other options out there I would like to see if I can't get a better laser for the same price point. My main question is that I am looking for a tough laser that is still small enough to carry daily. I would like something at 50mw and up preferably as it is used over large distances and in high level light conditions. I have seen a few on O-like and lasersbtb that others have recommended but I am uncertain as to how they hold up to dust debris, uranium, potash etc. price range is approx 150.

Sorry for being long winded.

Many construction workers, miners, HVAC, arborists, contractors and so on have bought Wicked Lasers for those exact reasons. I have several different nice green Wicked Lasers for sale. 2 day delivery in the USA. Good and durable and they come in the rugged Nylon Tactical Holster to carry and protect the lasers. Kindly PM me or post here if you are interested please.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/wicked-lasers-nano-lasers-sale-mint-condition-95292.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sale-collection-different-lasers-accessories-95508.html

Price range is 150 what? We have members here from 45 countries. Is that Euros/Pounds/USD/Yuan/Pesos or what?

I advise staying away from cheap 532nm greens, they are DPSS and not direct diode, they are fragile and temprature sensitive and will break if you drop it, sometimes they will last hours or days and sometimes you get a good one.

If you use it a lot then spend a little more and get a good 520nm green, it will last and won't break easy, color is almost the same, you can only tell the difference if you view them side by side.

Laser Chick is ok to buy from, she is a trusted seller.

Alan

I like the beam quality of dpss but they are temperamental, fragile, and most have an acrylic lens that is near impossible to clean until you get into the 200mw and they have up to a 1w pump so that's a duty cycle limitation.

Now that single mode nichia 515 diode DTR sells looks like a winner for longevity and the lens is easily replaceable, its on my list of to gets.

diachi

I like the beam quality of dpss but they are temperamental, fragile, and most have an acrylic lens that is near impossible to clean until you get into the 200mw and they have up to a 1w pump so that's a duty cycle limitation.

Now that single mode nichia 515 diode DTR sells looks like a winner for longevity and the lens is easily replaceable, its on my list of to gets.

I've been looking at the 50mW 520nm pocket series from Sanwu - that may be a good choice here too. Looks like a nice solid build.

Definitely want to go with 515-520nm at ~50mW in this scenario I'd say. :D

Last edited:

Kahuna

Price range is 150 what? We have members here from 45 countries. Is that Euros/Pounds/USD/Yuan/Pesos or what?

I advise staying away from cheap 532nm greens, they are DPSS and not direct diode, they are fragile and temprature sensitive and will break if you drop it, sometimes they will last hours or days and sometimes you get a good one.

If you use it a lot then spend a little more and get a good 520nm green, it will last and won't break easy, color is almost the same, you can only tell the difference if you view them side by side.

Laser Chick is ok to buy from, she is a trusted seller.

Alan

150 U.S. Dollars, sorry for not being clear. I am in Canada but most internet prices are dealt with in U.S. Currency. I would be willing to go a bit over if it meant a laser that would last longer.

thanks for the replies.

Kahuna

The PLE pro looks and sounds to be a really good laser but I am concerned the physical size might be a bit to carry all day on a daily basis.

The sanwu suggestion looks promising and will try and find more on the nichia 515 diode laser. Have only found the diode so far and would have to build it I suppose. (Never tried building one before) but I expect someone is selling them all complete. (Will look more when I am off work)

Thanks again folks for your suggestions, quite helpful. Laser chick has some but I live in Canada and they will ship to me for I believe less (unless I am mistaken, in which case I apologize)