Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Working towards goals in September

Hey guys...

So something that many people don't know about me is that I like physical activities... I love anything that pushes my mind, body and soul to its limits and this usually keeps me motivated and physically strong.

About a month ago I set out to get fit enough to be able to run a local half marathon, but unfortunately I was too late to sign up and missed my chance. Needless to say I was devastated, as it seemed all my hard work was for nothing. I did how ever say to my self, "ok I missed this opportunity, so now I have to work harder and get fit enough to do a FULL marathon!"

So that is what I'm going to do!

I have been a long time subscriber to the youtube channel Shaytards. For anyone who has never heard of them before its a channel which uploads daily videos of their family and daily life. You get to know the people and feel an emotional bond to them after a while.

Anyway... They have a second channel called Shayloss where the father of this family has set goals in order to loose weight and get fit and uploaded these success and failures on the channel. This is what inspired me to want to run the half marathon.

From his great success in loosing 115lbs (52kg) he is now an advocate for healthy living and having a healthy lifestyle. He has started a daily vlog for September in which he will help others to work towards their goals. Here is the first vlog of September where he explains his goals and how the Shayloss September is going to work.

If that was not inspirational enough, he has made a running video to motivate anyone who is "not feeling it"...

So for the month of September I have made my own goals and everyday I'm going to work towards it.

1. Be able to run 10km in 1 hour or less
2. Complete the "Military challenge" (100 chinups, 200 pushups, 300 situps)
3. Work harder at my university degree and get better marks

I hope this thread helps others to get motivated about working towards something you really want. If anyone would like to join me, please list your goals below and how you are progressing. I will be keeping a log here of all my work towards my goals, and I encourage other to do the same!

-Adrian

So tonight before I got into bed I did a workout routine, where I do as many reps of pushups I can, then move on to situps. Take a 2-5 min break then keep going.

My plan of attack for tonight was 50 pushups and 50 situps.... but I think I went a little overboard and did 110 pushups and 100 situps over the course of 45mins. I tried to space it out cause I didn't want to hurt my self. I took regular water breaks and let my heart rate drop back down before continuing the next set.

I'm now on the look out for a chinup bar... so I can start training on that as well. Tomorrow I plan on going for a 2-3km run and time my self. Hopefully i can do it in under 30 mins.

Hey, I think it's great that you're working towards achieving a superb level of physical fitness, but I have a simple question.

What precisely does one have to do to accomplish the military challenge? Does it involve doing the entire thing in one sitting, or under a specific time constraint?

Thanks,

AAlasers

Hey AAlasers,

The challenge is meant to be done in under 45 mins. But I'm aiming to do it in under 30 mins.

You can do it in any order in one sitting or not... it doesn't matter as long as you do it before the 45min mark.

That said... I should update my log.

Day 2: Did 50 puchups and 50 situps because I needed to go out.

Day 3: 4km run + rest for arms and abs.

Day 4: 120 pushups (reps of 20) 150 situps (reps of 50)

I can now do 30 pushups in one sitting... which was better than my 15-20 MAX I could do at the start of September.

LaZeRz

Good luck!

I've been exercising 4 times a week for the past year or so, I'm not overweight by any means but I've been trying to put on some muscle. I used to hate it but now I actually look forward to it. It's definitely one of my best habits :)

By the way, I use the clothes line as a chin up bar, Don't have anywhere to put a proper bar :D

EDIT: You should try different variations of crunches for your abs and obliques, They're much more effective than sit ups ;)

Last edited:
Good idea! I too lost a major amount of weight in 2007-2008. Total lost was nearly 90lbs. I was darned close to being 300lbs before. I found that swimming in combination with walking made for an easy way to loose my weight in under 10 months. ( I lost 50lbs in 6months) Diet consisting of rice, eggs and plant protein (in the form of tofu) seemed to work for me. Stay well away from palm kernel oils as they dangerous for our circulatory systems. Coconut Oil is something however that is good to use and doesn't have the dangers other palm oils have.