Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Woo Time.....

Might not be someone gene spliced 400K years ago, no way to know, but I found the article compelling, truthful or not. If nothing else, these ideas are interesting to me, even if false. These are just ideas, a conversation about the possibilities. Obviously, I am unable to vouch for their veracity, I know of more than one forum member who will vouch they are crazy, perhaps such discussions should be kept in private.

No, I don't think so.
There is no telling what we may discover, we should always keep an open mind, because people do disagree, but people also discover they were mistaken about something and then learn something awesome.

Maybe a crazy concept leads to a discovery somewhere in between.

A lot of scientific discovery likely started with something thought to be crazy.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I think it is interesting. I love to have conversations like this, simply because it is nice to find out others opinions. I am not religious, but do have beliefs of how we exist. I tend to have a lot more ideas based on science, and a little based on conspiracies that provide me a eerie feeling of logic and foundation. Since my interest in quantum mechanics, I have become a lot more open to ideas simply due to the correlations found within that of spirituality. For the first time, I have been able to have a deep discussion with a Buddhist and come to the same conclusions based on entirely different approaches. Mine came from QM and hers based on her religious beliefs. I agree that a lot of scientific discoveries were considered crazy at first. I think we need to think outwardly sometimes to discover things that have been staring us in the face for years.

I used to really get after some people for saying things that I thought were wrong, or lies.... then I understood, we can be wrong, it is OK, what is important is the experiences we go through which cause us to grow in different ways, not so much what we believe is true or not. Curtis, what you wrote in your last post could have been written by me, from my own point of view. Also, although I am not religious, I have no problem with Buddhism, that is a religion I am in complete harmony with and when they say there is no soul, that might seem like a contradiction, but it isn't, it is because the reality is at a fundamental level we are one, the idea of soul infers separateness which I think is an illusion.... I look at each of us as one life living in parallel, from the past, in the present and future to come and I don't limit that idea to human beings, all life, yes even microbes. Just different expressions of the one. Woo? Maybe, so what, I like woo.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It is a shame I can't rep you again. Each parallel is a 4D existence in my mind. Same, I respect all religions as it isn't my choice to make whether they are right or not. But Buddhism I have the most respect for in a sense. It is more for the respecting of each existing body and having everyone in harmony, which in truth, I believe needs to happen right now. Most religions have moral reasoning which I am totally happy with. When spirituality, religion and science all agree, I believe we must be getting somewhere. Multiple view points resonating on the same thoughts, through different paths. This is a bit out there, and feel free to respectably disagree. But I believe that God is simply a metaphor for energy. But not just any energy, but that of the multiverse itself. It is not a all-seeing all-powerful deity/human. Both God and energy are omnipresent. Energy is everywhere and is in all things. God/Energy is omnipotent. They are the power behind all natural forces. God/Energy is Omniscience. Energy is in all time lines and every event possible has already happened. This isn't meant to offend any religious individuals, it is simply my own observation.

I tend to see God as an energy yes, but that same energy producing a conscious collective we are all a part of.

Yea, I'm betting there are bubbles and bubbles of universes out there. I'm not much one for the concept of God, especially in regard to religion, but yet I must admit, I think there is a greater consciousness we are all a part of, call that God if you want.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The bubbles make me think of my out of phase universe diagram, and also that of quantum foam.

Humm.... could be something akin to that, would not surprise me, so much seems to be like fractals.

Edit: Back to add more, instead of a "double" post.

Last edited: