Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WLs new stand is out

Paying extra, both goggles and the core are actually cheaper than the stand.
This fact alone i find quite odd, how can a stand be more expensive than a 5mw laser or even some protective goggles. I am sure u can conjure something up very similar for a fraction off the price Andy ;)

sambo5472 said:
Paying extra, both goggles and the core are actually cheaper than the stand.
This fact alone i find quite odd, how can a stand be more expensive than a 5mw laser or even some protective goggles. I am sure u can conjure something up very similar for a fraction off the price Andy  ;)

i probably could, but i have a core, stealth and three pairs of glasses. i dont want another crappy 5mw pointer or glasses LOL.

so i could get this stand and some balloons for 70 bucks.

T

timelord

All for £5 [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif]

Attachments

• S1030563_640x480_002.JPG
    S1030563_640x480_002.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 136
At Andy: I see mate, in that case it's obviously better to spend u'r WBs on the tripod instead off letting them go to waste. I don't have a core ( should have gotten a free one but it never came ) yet so i am more inclined on spending my WBs on one off those. U think reckon u will still be able to spend u'r wicked bucks now that u are banned?

At The Time Lord: That clamp on the tripod is perfect man, u reckon they have them in a normal photo store? I've seen the little tripods evrywhere but the clamp i have yet to encounter. Anyhow it looks a lot more user friendly as the tripod setup i'm using at the moment, very nice find Lord.

T

timelord

sambo5472 said:
At Andy: I see mate, in that case it's obviously better to spend u'r WBs on the tripod instead off letting them go to waste. I don't have a core ( should have gotten a free one but it never came ) yet so i am more inclined on spending my WBs on one off those. U think reckon u will still be able to spend u'r wicked bucks now that u are banned?

At The Time Lord: That clamp on the tripod is perfect man, u reckon they have them in a normal photo store? I've seen the little tripods evrywhere but the clamp i have yet to encounter. Anyhow it looks a lot more user friendly as the tripod setup i'm using at the moment, very nice find Lord.
The clamp came with the tripod from maplin electronics >> http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=45373&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=TRIPODS&doy=18m10
they were on offer for £5 then but are now £6.99 which is still cheaper than $60 +$18 shipping to make Steve very rich

Y

yew.sir-name

Timelord said:
[quote author=yew.sir-name link=1192673231/15#21 date=1192711156]tripod looks like http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1308

$1.85 deliverd.
Already been linked in the early part of this thread  :)[/quote]

My bad, I should read more instead of skim, was looking at the pictures really, the clamps look pretty sweet and easy to make, couple of big nuts/ skinny bolts, metal plate, drill, tap and die, coat of paint and voila.

The maplin one looks pretty sweet though

T

timelord

Well as I say £6.99 vs $60 + $18 shipping to do the same job :D :D
No contest!!

Timelord said:
Well as I say £6.99 vs $60 + $18 shipping to do the same job  :D :D
No contest!!

Unused tripod + RPL + <$0.01 in electrical tape = <$0.01 laser tripod...

No contest!! :D (heh, now someones gunna come along with a free one they salvaged from the dump)

My favorite tripod mount of all time though was sticking a Spyder in the microphone mount of my camcorder (it was a bit of a stretch, but the Spyder was the closest fit I could find). Stick that on my 501HDV fluid tripod head and you have nice smooth movement and 20x optical zoon to your laser! Its either a laser guided camera or a camera guided laser *evil grin*

but all these stands you are post that are cheaper dont have a to clamp to hold the laser. so there a bit pointless really

Rasel said:
[quote author=Rhith link=1192673231/0#1 date=1192675053]Counter Attack!  ;D
http://www.sp3plus.co.uk/green-laser-pointer.php
green-laser-pointer-stargaz.jpg
Yea, but that one doesn't look like it can be directed in certain directions like WL's one. But still, $60!?!? One guy on the LC said he got a tripod exactly like that at the airport for $4. I saw one at radioshack for $10.

Idea (should start a poll...)
Does Wicked Lasers inflate their prices based off of the average number of Wicked Bucks people have?

^That's the only good excuse for charging that much that I can think of.[/quote]

LOL.. ya that was me. did you see the pictures? its exactly the same thing, and i swear to god it was 3.99 at a store in an airport...its really cool for video cameras, because its a small little collapsable tripod. 4 BUCKS!! how much does it cost to make a small little laser holder and screw it on the top?

it looks like it could be cool, but how much do the stands at NOVA cost? they are way cooler, cuz they hold like matches, electrical tape, and stuff like that. Im not sure if they hold the laser itself though..

maybe the two of them combined? WL stand for the laser itself, then the NOVA stand to hold all your optics and mirrors and stuff you wanna burn.