Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL laser stand - what s**t **update**

Re: WL laser stand - what s**t

my e-mail to wicked, a bit short and to the point but i couldnt be arsed to be nice

Dear wicked,

i received the laser stand today and what a total waste of time it is!

The screws that hold the laser are metel pointed, so the $400 wicked laser i have get badly scratched when clamped into the stand. it seems silly to make the points of the screw metal as these will seriously damage a laser pointers shell?!

photos

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/andy_con/lasers/08112007729.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/andy_con/lasers/08112007730.jpg

next

the screws are to short and do not reach the laser!!! here are the photos showing a 55mw exteme laser

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/andy_con/lasers/08112007728.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/andy_con/lasers/08112007727.jpg

so all in all the wicked laser stand is a total waste of time and does not work at all.

do wicked not check their products before making them??

regards
Andrew

please tell us if you get a reply back. maybe they'll want to RMA? lol

Djeezes i can't believe they dare sell that :mad:
And how in gods name do they have the guts charging 60 bucks for it i just can't believe it.

Sounds like a typical QA issue with WL.....

I bet they do a better job of seeing if your check clears when you buy!

Laq

sounds like they didn't even tested it before putting it up for sale.

If they can't even make a simple (yet way overpriced) laser stand up to spec, it kind of explains their doubtful expertise on building lasers as well. I guess this laser stand comes with multiple RMA's included with the price. People who are actually buying this for $78 (shipped) must feel really screwed when they get this crap.

And to make it even worse,. if they post their experiences with their proffesional laser stand purchase on the LC forums, they get a free ban as well. Wicked lasers, you gotta love 'em.. :-X

i got a response!!!

Dear Andrew,

The laser stands should come with a set of rubber lids that cover the
screws and increase its length so it will fit the Executive and Pulsar
Series lasers. I'll have them sent to you right away. Please confirm
your address for me. Sorry for the inconvenience.

yeah, lets see what i get through the post

King_K

andy_con said:
Dear Andrew,

The laser stands should come with a set of rubber lids that cover the
screws and increase its length so it will fit the Executive and Pulsar
Series lasers. I'll have them sent to you right away. Please confirm
your address for me. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Oh, that explains a lot of things, that's much better, even though the price is a bit too steep.

Oh, by the way, is it really made of plastic or is it made with the same metal as the Wicked Caps? The Wicked Caps look like if they were made of plastic, but if you look closer, you'll see that it's some kind of aluminum or something like that, they're extremely light and they look like plastic, so they may be easily confused with plastic.

King K said:
Oh, by the way, is it really made of plastic or is it made with the same metal as the Wicked Caps? The Wicked Caps look like if they were made of plastic, but if you look closer, you'll see that it's some kind of aluminum or something like that, they're extremely light and they look like plastic, so they may be easily confused with plastic.
That's andonised aluminium from what I believe, I've got a part here that's exactly the same as you describe it, it's black and it looks like it has some scratch marks on it - IT LOOKS LIKE THAT.

are you asking me or telling me its aluminium????

another e-mail from wicked

Dear Andy,

After going to the factory and figuring out what went wrong, I've found that the manufacturer never made the rubber padding according to our concept pictures and prototype.

I'm having the factory remake these for me. Please keep the stand for now, and when the new ones arrive, I'll send you another one free of charge. I apologies for the inconvenience.