Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wl first buy, advice please?

Hey guys
so i went and got a exec 15mw laser from wl 2 days ago and did not see this forum before..
now i hear that they suck and all that and im really scared it will be a bad laser.
im getting it tomorrow, are they ok or what? lol i dont want any bad news
i dont know if it was a good choice now, i know their support sucks and dragonlasers rule but its to late now right?
THANKS

Razako

SCHNEIDERStudios said:
Hey guys
so i went and got a exec 15mw laser from wl 2 days ago and did not see this forum before..
now i hear that they suck and all that and im really scared it will be a bad laser.
im getting it tomorrow, are they ok or what? lol i dont want any bad news
i dont know if it was a good choice now, i know their support sucks and dragonlasers rule but its to late now right?
THANKS
You probably won't need to worry too much about a 15mw laser. They would need to try pretty damn hard to screw up a 15mw exec. If you do get a defective one you can always send it back for a replacement.

Actually, out of all Wicked's units, the 15mW ones usually turn out the best.

omg i cant believe this, i posted a thread on wl forum saying that my package was held in customs (now its fine) and that i was mad, and now im Banned?!! wtf thats crazy

Razako

SCHNEIDERStudios said:
omg i cant believe this, i posted a thread on wl forum saying that my package was held in customs (now its fine) and that i was mad, and now im Banned?!! wtf thats crazy
Welcome to the WL experience. Hope you learned your lesson and never buy from them again :)
Nova/laserglow/optotronics are the good companies.

Justin

LC is not a "forum", just an advertising platform designed to look like a forum. You can only give praise there, and if you voice any other opinion or issue they will just ban you outright. It really is a very Communist Chinese model of suppressing dissent through aggressive censorship, and it doesn't feel very good when you're being censored for something so mundane.

Hooray for free speech on the LPF!

yes i got it today and its so awesome! really bright all the time!! just awesome! im happy :) now i need more power ;D :D

really nice laser quality and casing

Abray

I'm glad your laser turned out to be a good one after all! If you go for more power, go for a better company listed above.

Also, I've gotten banned from there several times for posting stuff like that. I think they even check all the PMs to see if members are talking bad about WL.

yeah the laser was good but the customer "service" is the worst i have ever seen and felt!

i will buy my next one with dragonlasers and others..
its better if they got shutdown and a new good owner will take over
thanks

Heres a tip for anyone who ordered from wickedlasers before they read this forum, and have decided that they would rather buy from a different company: Simply refuse the package or have it returned to sender.

Yeah, I bought my Pulsar from WL before I heard of LPF. And of course: I have been forced to RMA it two times, and the last time, I even included a letter where I said "give me a GOOD one this time." Perhaps a little bold, but I really was sick at them! And when the new one came to my home yesterday, I wasn't surprised to find it underpowered. I doubt it puts out even 75mw. I'm not gonna RMA it this time, because it won't be worth the effort.

My advice to everybody (although most people here already know it): Don't buy from WL unless you want to be depressed, irritated or if you REALLY want a bad laser.

Do your research before buying anything. ;)

Not sure how this thread is going right now, jsut want to chime in.

New to lasers, so am I. Have a few hundred (NOT thousand) to plop off on some shiny lights? I have searched everywhere, and no deals even come close to these.

Red laser = Dealextreme or Jayrob (forum memeber), go with 200mW DX for cheapness, but choose Jayrob's MXDL build if you want it to last

green laser = dealextreme, 50-200mW flashlight baton style, nuff said

Blue/violet = laser box v3.1 (from a forum member) usb recharge, unmatched quality and design

none of these come with IR filters as far as I know, and so goggles from stonetek are probably in order.

Good luck on finding any deals as good as these.