Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wire to diode broke- what to do?

Garoq

It's standard rosin core solder. I don't desolder them but push them out of the pill with a small drill bit and a drill press. You could probably use desoldering wick to absorb the solder from the joints. What kind of faulty wiring are you trying to fix?

It's definatly not standard solder, I can take a video of me trying to desolder it if you like. The positive wire that was soldered to the PCB has come off. This is not my laser, another member has sent this to me to repair it for him.

I have resorted to drilling out the top part of the pill and I will try to push the PCB out like you mentioned. Then go from there.

Last edited:

Garoq

It's definatly not standard solder, I can take a video of me trying to desolder it if you like. The positive wire that was soldered to the PCB has come off. This is not my laser, another member has sent this to me to repair it for him.

I have resorted to drilling out the top part of the pill and I will try to push the PCB out like you mentioned. Then go from there.

Then it must not be our product. ;)

Because of the high thermal transfer to the pill it is extremely difficult to heat the solder fast enough to remove the driver once it is installed, without damaging it.

Last edited: